Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
After I wash the Thrux with water, it runs like a POS - farting and hiccupping for the first couple of miles. Then it runs smooth again. Water is getting in somewhere. One day I'll treat all the electrical connections to prevent this. A number of others have reported the same problem

·
Registered
282 Posts
My buddy had his bike so shiny -I expressed AWE at the job he did .
He said "S100;hose it off;job done"
So=I went to the Harley dealer,got a spray bottle of S100 and followed directions as given by my friend-spray;hose;done.
It worked as described.Looked good left as is and a little drying made it spectacular.So easy,especially in the tight spots ,that I felt like I got away with something!
+1 for S100 - especially on spoke wheel hubs :D Just remember to lube the chain after :rolleyes:

I also use a variety of polishes and waxes to keep 'er looking good - I'm a "Mothers boy" lol

Cheers
FF

·
Registered
184 Posts
I start with Simple Green on the wheel and hubs, then hose those off. Hand wash everything else. Gentle rinse, followed by the leaf blower to get majority of the water out. Then finish up with a chamois cloth and let it stand overnight. S100 spray and polish every few days. Never had any hiccups or electrical issues afterwards.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts