Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repeat of thread on UK forum

OK so after they spread most of Egypt over the roads last week I gave the bike a quick washdown. Soon after I get what sounds like the indicator relay going while the ignition is off. Then next day she will not start until I have tried for 2 mins

Now my clock will not keep time and the fuel gauge is zero.

• Any one had this before - what was it?
  • I know my way round 'lectrics but please let me know where the main and fairing connectors are
  • Is there a main connector to the relay rail

·
Registered
68 Posts
My indicators always went fubar after heavy rain.
It's water ingress to the swithgear in my case.
I don't know if they have sorted the quality issues from their suppliers yet but they sure went through a bad period.

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Hi johnnyst what year and model?

I have ridden my '04 St, 2011 GT and my "04 Daytona in the rain many times (even did a wet track day on the Daytona in the rain) and never had those issues.

But I also rarely put a hose anywhere near my switch gear or cockpit gauges etc either.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is a 2011 ST1050, still under waranty - but I did a few mods which I shall have to reverse if I take her in

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is it working yet? have you tried hair dryer and WD 40 and plumbers silicon when dry and working.
Stuff used to keep my XJ900 going all through winter in E Anglia!
Did you use a pressure washer? bad, bad stuff.
Sorry if sucking eggs, good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have to fess up and say I have use a pressure washer but not this time. i just used the pressure of the hose. I am taking the fairing all off now (what fun !)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts