Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Holy *****, hate to see stuff like that generally, but I couldn't help but laugh at how quiet the dude was after the crash. The few times I've gone down on road and off road, I distinctly recall the foul language spewing from me about what had just happened, but then again this guy didn't seem hurt at all, more embarassed. Both times I've been down I was hurt pretty bad. Never seen a crash video as a selling point either.

[ This message was edited by: triumphtimes on 2007-03-07 20:37 ]

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Bit of a numpty I reckon. Not exactly the most challenging road or weather conditions. He should've got the lines right and leaned it a little more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The one thing I got from the video is that he needs to find new friends to ride with. He was wrecked for about three minutes before the video cut out and no-one he was riding with came back to check on him. Whenever I go riding in a group we are always aware of who is where.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice bike, but I've never been partial to that high-mount TBR exhaust that extends two feet past the tail.

·
Super Moderator
22,194 Posts
I thought the same thing I'm afraid - am waiting for a new high-mount mid-pipe for mine (Daytona Motor in the S3 frame), but somehow I think my can is shorter? I'm hoping the new mid-pipe wouldn't push it too far back but fearful as I judge the perspective of where your mid-pipe terminates. i do like the way it sits up a whole lot closer to the body though!
(just how long is your can? Mine is 13" between the flanges at each end - but also the S3 mid-pipe terminates much closer to front of the bike)

Having just re-packed mine I can tell you it would be a pretty easy exercise to trim 3-4inches off yours if it bothers you - just open up the input end like you would for a re-pack (drill out the pop-rivets) trim the can length & core to suit then re-attach the input flange. A band saw would be ideal for the purpose - or even a metal chop saw!
I think that would look much better.

But don't mean to be critical - that is a gorgeous looking bike - love the colour scheme!

[ This message was edited by: DEcosse on 2007-03-12 21:21 ]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Absolutely not being critical. That red is drop-dead gorgeous! One of the advantages of the TBR is the ease with which one can re-pack it. I'm just not sure who the design team was...they got the measurement wrong for the D9. I'm pretty sure the end can be removed and the can itself easily cut down. Re-fit the end cap, and voila! done!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2007-03-12 20:38, trafficfixr wrote:
thanks. i never even noticed that until you just pointed that out. now i dont like it too much myself(at least not in the pic) :mad:
well, you made me do it. Yesterday I cut my exhaust can down by 4 inches. I used a band saw and it was a relatively painless process.(1 hour) I also put on the 17 tooth countersprocket and the carbon fiber mini led front turn signals. It was a good day! :-D
Today, first ride with the mods. Right now!!!!
Will post pics on monday.
Thanks for the ideas guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts