Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new here and did a little search on this but didnt find anything that i was looking for. i just got an '08 sprint st 1050 and it has warped front roters (they are the sunstar brand) and i was wondering what are the best roters to get and where to get them from? i want to run HH pads and up grade the brake lines and levers as well some time.

I am also having some sort of electrical gremlin with the clutch starting censer. when i pull the clutch and push the start button it won't start most of the time till fiddle with the clutch lever and sometime shake the front handle bars then it will work. where should i look for the issue?

It would be very nice to get a shop manuel on the bike as i like to do my own work.

thank guys

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
If you don't have the wedge for Triumph supplied rotors, go for EBC. I used them on my 99 ST and will go with them on my 05 ST when the time comes.

As far as upgrading your brake lines goes, you're out of options as you already have braided lines. Thats unless you are after some farkling to fluoro colours or you like the look of the exposed metal braid.

Try cleaning the sensors at the handlebar and side stand.

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
Welcome aboard

Hey guys, im new here and did a little search on this but didnt find anything that i was looking for. i just got an '08 sprint st 1050 and it has warped front roters (they are the sunstar brand) and i was wondering what are the best roters to get and where to get them from? i want to run HH pads and up grade the brake lines and levers as well some time.

I am also having some sort of electrical gremlin with the clutch starting censer. when i pull the clutch and push the start button it won't start most of the time till fiddle with the clutch lever and sometime shake the front handle bars then it will work. where should i look for the issue?

It would be very nice to get a shop manuel on the bike as I like to do my own work.

thank guys
Hi and welcome to the forum The Twig:)

FYI Sunstar are probably the biggest manufacturers of brake components for motorcycles in the world they supply rotors for many brands of m/c.

From what I recall the few warped rotors on a few Sprint's were either a bad batch of steel the rotors were made from or pad related.

Generally Sunstar is a highly regarded brand.

A search on warped rotors by iceman should bring up his thread.
There are several on the sprag.

I use sintered pads on my Daytona 955 and also used them on my "04 Sprint ST 955

cheers and enjoy the forums here at Trat.

DaveM:AustralianFlag

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
On your clutch switch. There is a plastic clip on the underside of the switch that releases it. Pull the switch out of it's mount and squirt it with contact cleaner and work the piston. My switch had to be cleaned a couple times.
When re-installing, be sure that it locks back into place securely. If the switch slips back in it's mount, the idle speed and fuel gauge can foul up.

Do you have ABS???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the bike is a non abs bike. were are the best places to get rotors? sunstar or ebc... What is the sprag clutch and how would that affect the bike not starting? Thanks for your guys help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts