Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I figure it's the perfect time for "buffin' the ol' Bonnie". Get that layer of winter dust off and get ready for Spring time...

Ohhh Yea...

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Dog,I enjoy your smiley`s and animations as much as your posts.Care to give a tutorial and a link to your smiley stash?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search for free smileys... use the IMAGE button to insert. It's that easy.
But try not to spoil ALL dog's fun rodburner... :razz:

Time to go get started now. Gotta run...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Amen, winter sucks and am so glad its over. Haven't had to wear my overpants on a commute in three weeks!

Perfect weather yesterday for our first RAT ride.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-03-11 12:03, whoa wrote:

It sure was!!! ..."perfect to get out and enjoy a little riding" kinda weather. I didn't make it to Lone Star yesterday after all. A new Bar Snake showed up on my front doorstep Friday. So I got up early to install it and still have time to ride up there for a test run. But I got so ambitious that I then pulled out the 6-LED bulb I bought after reading Ridge's posts on the subject.

I whittled the base of it down to the proper size and installed LEDs in my instrument idiot lights. I'm real glad I got that done though, as it's a really nice improvement. Easily the best safety improvement (best bang for the buck) that can be done to the Bonnies IMO. If you haven't done it already, I strongly recommend it... Thanks Ridge!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I didn't make it to Lonestar, either. But since it was sort og
gloomy today I spent the day in the garage cleaning and polishing.
Can't wait for the sun to come out so I can see the new shine!

·
Registered
858 Posts
On 2007-03-11 12:03, whoa wrote:
Amen, winter sucks and am so glad its over. Haven't had to wear my overpants on a commute in three weeks!

Winter in TX? Those 50 degree temps must be brutal. :-D

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, it IS pretty tough when you're accustom to triple digit afternoons...
ALL Summer long...

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I'm dreading summer temps man, once it's above 70 in the early mornings and 100+ in the afternoons riding can be hell.

I'm more afraid of cooking on the asphalt after crashing than the actual crash!

[ This message was edited by: sweatmachine on 2007-03-11 22:04 ]

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice pics 04... thanks for sharing. What a beautiful blue sky there!!!

There's some MAJOR thunderstorms rolling thru here tonight...

w/ a tornado watch for a big chunk of my area of TX tonight!

Time to go batten down me hatches now... arrrrrrr, and kiss me loverlee Bonnie nitey-nite.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thank God this time its over the Highland Lakes. Lake Travis is almost 40' low. Hard to believe.

My Thrux is going to be a pig after my commute in the morning, but we sure need the rain.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think we all made it safely 04. Bonnie's safe and that's what matters anyway, aye?

And now, for the rare few of you that even give a darn, the "after" satellite image.

If you start inside the red "o" in San Antonio, move straight north from there til you get to I-10...
well that's JUST about where I live (on the map). All's clear now at doggie's house now.

Now I can finally get me some shut-eye.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Blue sky and 39 degrees Sunday morning. Didn't want to ride the Bonnie on our salty roads, so took the old Beemer out to breakfast. Short cool ride, but enough sunshine warming the leathers to make it a nice first ride of 2007. Bonnie will hit the highway after we have a few rainstorms to clean off our NE Ohio roads.

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Man Dog that was a helluva storm last night. I don't know about you down further south, but in Central Austin we got a lot of thunder and lightning, some so close and loud I thought my house or a tree in my yard was hit. It was rattling my windows! I woke up a few times thinking "oh sht!" All is well though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts