Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a line on a rear wheel and brake hub? i bought a '69 bonnie that someone choppered out. it looks like crap and has a harley rear wheel and hub. so it has this disgusting pulley system to make it brake on the left side.

here's a pic of me on it last week. i spent all weekend tearing it apart. all that's left is the frame and engine.

a cigarette lighter?! jesus...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, the cigareet lighter is a nice touch!
GPZ, i know you have a rear wheel for me. Give it up!!! ebay and craigslist are coming up empty on me!

how much?

·
Super Moderator
13,265 Posts
All I've got that I'm willing to part with are somewhat rusty rims either laced to, or partially laced to rough rear hubs, with no guts whatsoever (bearings, spacer, axle, etc). I THINK one of them might be useable as-is with a good cleaning and de-rusting with naval jelly.

I have some some decent used bare chrome rims, and a set of decent used spokes, that you could re-lace to any of the hubs I've got after cleanup & re-paint. I've also got one spare brake hub with no backing plate, a couple of sets of very good used brake shoes, and a spare brake actuator arm.

You'd still need to buy all the axle & bearing innards & retainers, a set of spoke nipples, and a brake backing plate. Plus, pay for lacing unless you are up to it yourself.

Decent rim, set of spokes, hub & drum = $100 to your door ($25 of that is shipping).

You are probably better off waiting for a good used one to come up on e-bay.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I've got that I'm willing to part with are somewhat rusty rims either laced to, or partially laced to rough rear hubs, with no guts whatsoever (bearings, spacer, axle, etc). I THINK one of them might be useable as-is with a good cleaning and de-rusting with naval jelly.

I have some some decent used bare chrome rims, and a set of decent used spokes, that you could re-lace to any of the hubs I've got after cleanup & re-paint. I've also got one spare brake hub with no backing plate, a couple of sets of very good used brake shoes, and a spare brake actuator arm.

You'd still need to buy all the axle & bearing innards & retainers, a set of spoke nipples, and a brake backing plate. Plus, pay for lacing unless you are up to it yourself.

Decent rim, set of spokes, hub & drum = $100 to your door ($25 of that is shipping).

You are probably better off waiting for a good used one to come up on e-bay.
Roger that. Standing by for awesome deal. Thanks for the very thorough reply though. + 7 more points to your total.

i see things your way once again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts