Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

Hope it's OK to post this here.

I'm struggling to find the valance panels for the rear of my 1963 Thunderbird. I believe the part numbers are 82-5323 & 82-5324 (or F5323 & F5324). I think it's the same panel on some of the half bathtub 350/500 unit twins.

Lots of sites list them, but no one has any stock. Do any of you have any suggestions? i would prefer a steel set, but fibreglass would do for the moment!

Cheer
Steve

·
6,855 Posts
Hi Steve,

Firstly, welcome to the Forum.:)

I'm struggling to find the valance panels for the rear of my 1963 Thunderbird. I believe the part numbers are 82-5323 & 82-5324 (or F5323 & F5324). I think it's the same panel on some of the half bathtub 350/500 unit twins.
:thumb Fitted to '63-'65 Thunderbirds, '63 T100 'n' T90, '64/'65 5TA 'n' 3TA.

Dunno what you think but, if I were to win the eBay auction, I'd be inclined to use those valances as a pattern to make up/have made up a new pair, then auction the complete set of original 500/350 pieces again?

Hth.

Regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave, that doesn't seem a bad price for a full set of panels. Stuart's idea is pretty clever too, although it would take someone a fair bit more adept than me to copy those panels!

I'll keep an eye on the auction and may get excited!

·
6,855 Posts
Hi

Stuart's idea is pretty clever too, although it would take someone a fair bit more adept than me to copy those panels!
Ask Jason at CW Classic to have a look at the auction pictures and give you at least an estimate? Haven't used Jason but the "C" is Colin, his dad, very talented but not expensive. :doublethumb Colin certainly knew old bikes so if you say, "The pieces fit around the frame tube under a Triumph's seat", he'd have at least a rough idea of size, etc.

Hth.

Regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi.

I'm still looking for a pair seat valance panels (82-5323 & 82-5324 or F5323 & F5324).

I thought it might be worth asking again.

Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
I am sure that I read about someone who was intending to start reproduction of steel ones- on a forum.
Possibly 350-500 ones?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

I'm still looking for a pair seat valance panels (82-5323 & 82-5324 or F5323 & F5324).

I thought it might be worth asking again.

Cheers
Steve
Hi Steve,
Did you ever find a source for F5323? I just picked up a 63 Thunderbird and both the left and right are missing and I am looking for a pair as well. Best Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts