Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Mot, have mailed them. They seem to list the front but not the rear mudguard. Thanks for the lead. The cost is what I expected, just hope you don't get a massivee logo on the part like the shots suggest.

Have you used them? Do they come branded?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
From the site:

Our logo is attached as a removable Vinyl Decal and if removed will not affect the finish of this product.
Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For info gents - on the Ohlins front.

http://www.ohlins.nl/ - Custom build of a TR 533 @ £1,074.94 inc VAT but not postage.

I've asked ohlins uk to quote also.

My budget isn't going to last long!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yup that model....I would be tempted to try an negotiate with the UK supplier..say you can get it for XYZ else where but would like to keep the business with them and could they do it for abc..;-)

You could always go the Penske route, ***********, Wilbers, Nitron etc ? you could then spend the rest of the forks...

Sprint Manufacturing do a nice Super III replicar front gard in plastic as well., again the money you'd save would get you a nice referbished set of Tokico 6 pots until some Alcons came along.

Cheers
Mot

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm also interested in a Ohlins shock.
No detail information on shock though,is that a 3,4,5,way adjustable unit on Tooks.com
No information on Tooks.com other than checking out website.
No physical address.
No phone number.
Appears to be in Spain.
Not much info on their Facebook page.
They do accept PayPal though which I believe will insure a purchase up to a certain amount.
But ,IF, Tooks.com ,CAN,have one made,any authorized dealer should be able to also.
Right?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mznyc,

Your right on all those fronts man.... I'm steering clear of them. If it's too good to be true it usualy is. Ohlins will build a TR 533. Talking to FTR in the UK about a final cost at the mo but they said and I quote "costs will sky rocket for a custom build even though we have the data sheets"

Laters, Jon

·
Registered
575 Posts
you might also want to explore GP Suspension in Portland, OR (Dave Hodges) for a choice of Ohlins or Penske rear shock...as well as fork options.

http://www.gpsuspension.com/

Best wishes!

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
FWIW, I've been very happy with my Penske.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The jury is still out on the rear shock. I have FTR looking at building me an ohlin and they are having trouble sourcing the cylinder head for the shock. I'd prefer to source a shock in the UK hence asking them to quote.

On the cabrbon fenders front, I was laughed out of jack lilley's and laguna when asking after the parts but I have found that these chaps might be able to help me out: -

http://www.skidmarx.co.uk/product.php?id_product=40608

They are just quality checking their molds for me. I'll keep the thread posted.

The Alcons are proving illusive!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

I believe WP (***********) Suspension shocks to be regarded at the same level as Ohlins (& Penske). I have one and very pleased. Since FTR are the main people for WP, it may be worth asking them what they think, while they are looking into the Ohlins option for you?

Just a thought.
Geoff

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I'd be interested to know how you got on with the carbon front mudguard and rear hugger, been looking for some from a super 3 for a while, not easy to find and fetch a fair price to match.

good luck with the alcons, the gold ones look really nice and with a set of HH rated sintered pads give a lot more stopping power.

cheers chello

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Evening All, A general update!

FTR got back on at Ohlins quote..... OMG! I think the Dutch will be getting my money. Mind you I've also asked FTR if they can do something on on hte WP front.

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortuantely with this cylinder head being no longer available we have hit a major snag with this build I'm afraid. Our advantage is that we know personally one of the engineering companies who build parts for Ohlins anyway so we asked them to quote for them to build this cylinder head. Unfortunately, the price is not favourable, especially for a one-off piece. You're looking at £795 just for the cylinder head! With the other parts and labour coming to £956, you 'd be looking at almost an £1,800 build that would take 4-6 weeks!

Not sure this is viable I'm afraid.

I have searched around many Ohlins dealers for the cylinder head without success I'm afraid. You're welcome to try and look for one. You would need Ohlins parts number 00513-06 - Cyl head 46/26 hose M10X1

Sorry that the news isn't good.
As for the questions around the carbon, skidmarx have a rear fender mould only but need to check the quailty before taking an order for the carbon, they are on the case. Geelong do a front and rear but not cheap at all. Here is a pic of their rear carbon mould attached.

Oh and Alcons! I have a lead for a pair of black ones, the gold are the mutts nuts but I think I'll restore these black ones till the gold ones come along.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts