Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to get my bike dyno'd - to make sure I'm within the proper a/f ratio with my setup.

Currently with the Specialty Spares TT Pipes, I'm running 45 pilots and 110 mains ... I want to see where I am within the A/F for my mains....(i may be too lean).

The bike only has 200 miles on it. Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!
-Rob.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My initial thoughts are that it's too soon to Dyno it. The engine will break in over the next 300-500 miles and it will probably be more beneficial if you did it AFTER the break in period. Save your money till then

There are other more inexpensive ways of checking to see if you're running too lean (i.e. check plugs). You can also adjust the air/fuel mixture a bit either way to see how the bike runs. Things may change a bit after break in and might be worth doing then.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
You could get it on the dyno if you tell the guy you just want to check a/f and not to run it hard .To do a full pull i would want 500miles on the bike but a easy a/f run wont hurt it.Runing it to lean can hurt it.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
110 mains? if I'm correct, those are stock right? are you running an airbox or no airbox?

If you still have the airbox I'd run at least 120-125 mains. If you've ditched the airbox I'd run 140-150 mains.

I don't think you need those 45 pilots either, 42s will probably work fine, but either one can be adjusted a little bit with the idle mix screws.

Get some more miles on that thing before you dyno it, or do what mike said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts