Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a 2006 Sprint ST 1050 and a 2016 Suzuki GXS1000F. I am looking for another bike that can do some short comfortable cruising and still light enough to be thrown around on the twisties. The Tiger 800XR (more road oriented) seems like the perfect choice. Am I on the right track and what are the pros and cons of a used machine other than the normal stuff. Any particular year/s that I should stay away from. Appreciate your comments.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
They're all pretty good but I prefer the 15+ model years. They don't have the sometimes troublesome stepper motor and the higher timeline models have cruise control.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a 2012 and loved it. Stepper motor can be an issue, as can starter. Very competent bike, makes great power, comfortable and fun in the twists. I rank it and my former Weestrom as the two best bikes I've owned handling, traveling and comfort wise. In hot weather, at low speeds in traffic, the heat coming off the radiator can be uncomfortable on right leg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts