Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up, I purchased Viton gas cap gaskets on eBay from Perez industrial supply. They were $10 for two. They don't fit a T140 gas cap, too small, and the butthole won't refund my money, though he did text me back to say he didn't appreciate me threatening to give him a bad rating ! :nerd:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Just a heads up, I purchased Viton gas cap gaskets on eBay from Perez industrial supply. They were $10 for two. They don't fit a T140 gas cap, too small, and the butthole won't refund my money, though he did text me back to say he didn't appreciate me threatening to give him a bad rating ! :nerd:
Threatening bad feedback is considered blackmail and can get you thrown off eBay. I just let them know if they don't correct the situation I will be "forced to leave appropriate feedback". Open a claim for "item not as described" with eBay, you'll get your money back.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Recently,i made my own cap seals out of cork gasket sheet.Working very well.Biggest problem i get from caps is the hole in the top letting petrol up through so i keep fuel a bit lower when filling up.If i remove the cap when ticking over,the tide looks pretty rough inside.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My original message was sent to PIS to ask why he hadn't responded to my eBay claim . I've been screwed by these non responding vendors before. I don't regard warning someone of the recourse if they didn't do the right thing. The item was not as described. It was unusable, too small. Do as you like, I've only told you my experience. An eBay buyer has an obligation to leave an honest evaluation, and warning them that bad behavior will be rewarded seems downright polite to me.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
My original message was sent to PIS to ask why he hadn't responded to my eBay claim . I've been screwed by these non responding vendors before. I don't regard warning someone of the recourse if they didn't do the right thing. The item was not as described. It was unusable, too small. Do as you like, I've only told you my experience. An eBay buyer has an obligation to leave an honest evaluation, and warning them that bad behavior will be rewarded seems downright polite to me.
If the item was not as described I will file the claim with eBay and let them handle it, in your favor usually. Then I will leave appropriate feedback. If I feel I was wronged and had to talk the seller into doing what was right does not relieve the seller from me posting how I felt the transaction went.

eBay policy:
Examples of Feedback extortion
The buyer can't threaten to leave negative Feedback or low detailed seller ratings if the seller won't:
Accept a return and pay for return shipping.
Give a full or partial refund for an item.
Lower the shipping and handling costs.
Refund payment before the buyer ships the item back to the seller.
Send an extra item that wasn't part of the original listing. (This doesn't include a situation where a buyer requests a replacement for an item that doesn't match the original item description.)
The seller can't:
Refuse to ship the item or refund the buyer unless the buyer leaves positive Feedback or high detailed seller ratings.
Tell the buyer that they can’t use a warranty included in the listing unless the buyer leaves positive Feedback or high detailed seller ratings.
Offer monetary compensation, like a partial refund, to the buyer in exchange for positive Feedback or revising negative or neutral Feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts