Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed a Slipstreamer Viper windscreen. For $75 its not a bad windscreen, looks a little like the summerscreen, did a fast road test, nice chest protection, makes the Shoei a little noisy but what screen don't? Heres a pic for ya.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rack is from new bonnie by mcresources. Its a work of art, polished stainless but lucky to hold 5-7 lbs, it should have been heavier stock. The capacity is unknown till you get the mounting instructions, I should have researched better but who woulda thunk it was so light weight. I had planned on mounting a givi hard box, no way. I have that 12x18" rigid kevlar type bag, lucky it holds a 6pack. I'm waiting for it to break and see my 6pack sliding by, that would be alcohol abuse:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hay soggybottom, where did you purchase the windscreen from? I have been tiring to find a good windscreen at a decent price. Let me know if you are still happy with it after a couple more rides.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
www.phatperformanceparts.com The price was about $20 less than ebay and other websites, if you spend $99 shipping was free. I ordered a tire at the same time shipping was free, I think the shipping was about $10 on windscreen alone = $86 was still $10 less than most.

I have about 120 miles on it, I never rode a bonnie with the factory screen but have owned and riden many, many bikes with all sorts of fairing and windscreens and it performed as I expected. I am 6', 30" inseem, tall torso. Some wind noise in helmet, good chest protection, its about as good as it gets for a small windscreen, I own a late model Goldwing and of course it can't compare to that. I'd say it is probly doing about the same job as can expected from the $250 Triumph windscreen, it is well worth the risk for a mesly $75.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts