Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Newcastleadam... received your poster package m8, many thanks, much appreciated.
Extras will go to local Triumph rider's 🏍👍🇨🇦

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Received mine today. The back story make these posters even more special. Thanks for taking the extra effort to send them to Canada.
Thanks again Adam!

·
Registered
7 Posts
No wonder I got a PM about the poster today. Haven't been on the form for a few years (see my Blast from the Past topic). FasTriumph is looking to see if you have any left.

I haven't talked to George in minute. I figured his reprints were LONG gone. Glad to see the he still has some left and they are being "distributed" appropriately!
Give George a holler, always a good conversation. Or swing by, whatever :)

Shot FasTriumph a PM, will figure it out.

All other PMs/emails/smoke signals have been replied and posters sent. I have a huge stack left, happy to send them out. Rough shipping estimates are:

USPS (within the US) $8-10
Mexico $20-25
Canada $20
Germany $25

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I framed mine today and it has pride of place at the top of a stairwell.
I think the spare one will go to a buddy to spiff up his basement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Afternoon all!

Found this thread after searching for Triumph City history, so first thanks for that.

And second, was visiting with George recently and after mentioning I lost the first Haul Ass poster he gave me, he gave me another. And a stack of extras to do whatever with.

So if anyone wants one you cover shipping and I'll send it out. Or free local pickup (Gainesville, Fl).

Cheers!
Hi, I went to the U of F and graduated in December of 1964. I was given one of these posters by a fella whose first name is, I believe,Hack who went to the U of F, also. He had a motorcycle shop there, but I think it was a Yamaha. I owned the first Bonneville a 1959. I freaked a friend out who was on the back by taking it up to 100 MPH. My shift pattern was up to 55 MPH in first, 75 in second and was still accelerating in third through the 1/4 mile. Please let me know the charge. I would certainly love to have one. I just read more of your article and I guess his first name was George. He was a friend of Mike Volmer, aka, MEV. If Hack is still around, ask him about Verna Dean I am new to this and do not know what info I can leave for you to reach me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I went to the U of F and graduated in December of 1964. I was given one of these posters by a fella whose first name is, I believe,Hack who went to the U of F, also. He had a motorcycle shop there, but I think it was a Yamaha. I owned the first Bonneville a 1959. I freaked a friend out who was on the back by taking it up to 100 MPH. My shift pattern was up to 55 MPH in first, 75 in second and was still accelerating in third through the 1/4 mile. Please let me know the charge. I would certainly love to have one. I just read more of your article and I guess his first name was George. He was a friend of Mike Volmer, aka, MEV. If Hack is still around, ask him about Verna Dean I am new to this and do not know what info I can leave for you to reach me.
Please ask George Hack if he knows the where abouts of Mike Volmer.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Richard, if you hover your pointer over newcastleadams's name next to one of his posts a little window will come up. At the bottom, there's 'follow' on the left and 'message' on the right. Click on message and send him a direct message. I don't think he's a regular on the site, but replies to direct messages. Once all that's done, I'd remove your phone number and e-mail address from public display :)
HTH
Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good morning all!

As bobbo mentioned, I'm not a regular here but I do get notification emails. So if anyone shoots me a message, I will respond. Even if the new site overlay is...different :)

Richard, I'll shoot you a direct email. And delete your phone # and personal email, make your life easier and the scammers more difficult ;)

best,
Adam

·
Administrator
11,236 Posts
Richard, I'll shoot you a direct email. And delete your phone # and personal email, make your life easier and the scammers more difficult ;)

best,
Adam
I removed the private contact info. This is a great thread, tip of the hat to @newcastleadam !

And good to see you around @GySchmit, I did a double take when I saw your avatar again, it had been a while.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts