Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ya' like em'? Are they comfy?
I'm thinking of putting them on my new when they're back in stock black M bars.

Dennis

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just installed them at the end of the last riding season.

I really do like them. They feel much bigger/thicker than the stock grips.

Plus, they look awesome.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Got them and like them also. They are more comfortable than the stock grips. Took awhile to get them from the vendor because they couldn't get them from the Mfg, but the wait was worth it in my opinion. You might want to make sure that they are in stock.

Shorty

·
Registered
344 Posts
Very nice, soft spoungy texture, very comfortable. Quiet a contrast to the hard O.E.M's.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Love 'em too. :-g

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've used them for three years. They have a great shape and hold up well. I recommend without reservation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Guys

This is a timely post, & they look good.....

I just received mine from newbonneville.

Any tips on removing the original grips?? They seem very tight.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I followed the instructions I got off of this site. I pushed a thin, long screwdriver under the stock grip. I pulled the screwdriver up till I could shoot some compressed air and a little windex into to the void. Twisted the grips a little bit and they slipped right off. The hardest part for me was installing the vintage grip over the throttle. No cement needed! Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks

I'll give it a try

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I did that too! I got a set of CRG's from my wife for Christmas. I slid the vintage grips over a 1 inch dowel held in a vice and used a fine tooth 1 inch hole drill to take out the rubber I needed for the mirrors. I touched up the enlarged holes at the end of the grips with some fine sand paper before I installed them. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Scalpel? X-axto knife? Something really, really sharp....

Also, there is a way you can set it up where you don't have to trim the edge of the grips, but I didn't never tried it.

raproe had a nice diagram, but being that he is a retired rocket scientist....it was too complex for me.

Football Grips? Not With Bar Caps

·
Registered
53 Posts
thinking of adding some of these to my stock handlebars on my bonnie. Is there any difference between the bellacorse and new bonneville offerings? Any other suggested versions of football grips?
thanks
chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts