Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that the VIN on my '05 R3 is stamped only on the neck? I was told there should be a plate under the seat as well as above the front engine mount on the shifter side, but there isn't any on my bike.

·
Registered
114 Posts
dude chill. how many places do you need it. it's stamped in the r/s engine case and on the neck. on the left front frame rail it's a sticker. maybe it fell off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude chill. how many places do you need it. it's stamped in the r/s engine case and on the neck. on the left front frame rail it's a sticker. maybe it fell off
If I didn't think it was important I wouldn't bother to ask. My understanding is that there is a plate, or sticker, somewhere on the bike that will have a date of manufacture. Since my R3, which I purchased less than 2 weeks ago, is starting to show signs of the need of an "upgrade kit" I would like to know.

·
Registered
114 Posts
date of manufacture is on the sticker, as well as tire pressure and other info, that is on the left side front down tube of the frame, above the clutch activation lever on the front of the engine. it's about 2" inches long. you cant miss it if it is there. date of manufacture is not the vin although they may have it in coded in the vin series #'s. your dealer would know this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it seems that it was removed for some reason as there is some scratches but no sticker in that location. I wonder why it would be removed? I hope that isn't an issue if I have to take it in for an "upgrade kit"! It was just at a dealer getting the idle recall fix before I took delivery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts