Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up the T120c today, I noticed past the c was a faint letter R, ugh, and the DU27219 on the number one there was a line underneath it and between T and 120 was a dot? Roy, do you have any idea? If anybody has a T120c, I would appreciate a picture of the numbers, this sucks GIL

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The plot thickens! Could it be a restamp? Was Triumph stamping "Triumph" on all the base plates for the serial numbers at that time? In later years Triumph put faint stamps of its logo on the engine and frame areas where the serial number goes, but I'm not sure if they did that in '66.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Is the number stamped on a raised pad? If so it's from '69. Check under the engine on the lug that the main bolt goes through and there should be 3 numbers on each side of the crankcases. These numbers should match, if not one of the cases has been changed, probably because of a major blow up.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hi Gil, not sure without seeing it? But to answer some of the other questions that have been thrown up, the number on the 1966 bikes should be stamped in to the raw casting. NO RAISED PAD and NO Triumph logo.
The raised pad came along in late 1967 followed by the logo security stamping in 1969.
Does the cast surface of the case appear original? There should be no 'dot' between the T and 120.
Regarding a feint 'R' some people have strange ideas and stamp things on when they were never there. It's as if they had letter and number stamps for a christmas or birthday present and proceeded to stamp any and everything until they got over the new- ness of the gift....................... ring any bells with you guys out there???????
If you could post a picture it would be good.
Roy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts