Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just came back from an amazing trip riding through Thailand. I wish there was more I could say but words just arent enough. I rode alone, and got lost often down some jungle road. The people in Thailand are second to none, the kindest and easy going you'd ever meet. So three weeks, 2000KM on a 175cc bike, yes 175! they dont have alot of bike bikes out there, the average bike is 100cc. I wanted an air cooled single cylinder, basically something that just couldnt break down. Also its made out there so parts and labour on it are cheap. I got front and rear brakes replaced, oil change and filter done in 2 hours. It cost me £7 that including labour!!! about £1.20-£1.50 to fill up the tank too :)

I rode a great road (highway 4) heres a video of just a few mins on it, all in all it was about 20-25 mins of endless bends. shortly after filming I went down and off the road, the bikes front end lost it on a bend and I took a fall. luckily although the locals laughed at me for wearing bike boots, jeans, leather jacket (triumph!) and leather gloves, they did save me from injury. The locals dont even wear helmets.

I could go on and on but heres two vids, one of the road i eventually crashed on and the other a brief summary of riding Thailand hope you enjoy :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks fantastic Treehugger, two brilliant video’s.
Do you travel every year to exotic places on motorcycles??

:upthumb:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hadnt had a holiday in yeas as I've been busy starting/running my business. But after Thailand decided that I would travel for a month somewhere every year. I didnt plan to ride Thailand, it ended up being spur of the moment. I had a quiet period and so on a friday I booked a ticket and 2 days later i was in Bangkok! I don't know where I'll ride next but I will def go back to Thailand as I have only seen about a third of it. :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nice one treehugger sounds like a cracking time :cool:

I spent some time travelling in SE Asia 2003 and hired a 125 a couple of times in Thailand but my highlight was riding round Angkor Wat in Cambodia on a 250 trails bike which was awesome.

I've been desperate to travel again and take my girlfriend and your outstanding video is making me all the more desperate!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Makes my favourite ride along the Antrim coast look like a trip to tescos. Must sort myself out for the new year. Brilliant vids. Soooooooo jealous.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rreally want to go back to Thailand and ride further north , possibly go into Laos and also Cambodia. Maybe after I convince a mate to go with me open the invitation to anyone else who really wants to explore that part of the world but might feel a bit to intimidated to do it alone. Ride together for the beginning so everyone finds thier feet and then split if we feel like it only to re-unite later and share tales. Even knowing that there are other riders not too far away is good to know.
I cant stop thinking about the riding and Thailand, I've even contimplated becoming a motorbike guide through Thailand and take groups on the routes I've learnt. But I realise the biggest part of enjoying a ride like I did was the self discovery, that fear of the unknown only to find yourself overcoming it and having the time of your life :) .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts