Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone brand new daytona, had it in for first service and when I am riding at about 45-55 mph and pull in clutch and free wheel i'm getting vibration that i can feel in the foot pegs and it is noticeable,

Told dealer and they said it is normal because there is alot of moving parts. But it still doesn't feel right please help !!

Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Couple of things to check right off the bat.

1. Check the chain tension. If the chain doesn't have enough slack in it, it will cause extra vibrations.

2. Rear wheel alignment. Make sure that the distance from the swing arm pivot point and the rear axle is the same on both sides. If it is off, the chain will ride up on the sprocket a bit and cause a vibration.

3. Check every link of the chain, particularly the master link. Sometimes when the master link is riveted together, it is done too tightly and that link of the chain doesn't articulate as well as the others. This causes the chain to stay in a wrapped position as it comes off the countershaft (front) sprocket. This causes a vibration in the chain as that link finally releases from the countershaft sprocket.

Good luck getting it sorted...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm guessing it's number 3.

I installed a new-ish chain on my bike a month or so ago. It was the stock chain w/ 500 or so miles on it I bought from someone (it was like $20). I installed it with a rivet master link, and I'm pretty sure I slightly overtightened it. I can notice a periodic vibration and pronounced noise coming from the countershaft sprocket (especially since I have the covers off).

I'm not too bothered with it at the moment, because once I save up a bit I'm gonna get a new DID chain anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts