Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Sprint ST. I read about VFR800 mirrors swapping on to a Sprint. Everyone knows about the droopy Triumph factory mirrors with the fugly condom wrapped around the mirror shaft. I happen to have a 97 VFR750 laying around and wondered if those mirrors would fit. After reading the VFR800 swap thread, I noticed that the 750 mirrors appeared very similar to the 800 mirrors. The mirrors I had looked to be in decent shape except with a bit of scuffing underneath the housing.

I saw that the bolt spacing was about 2mm wider for the Triumph mirrors, than the 750 mirrors. A bit of dremeling later, and I had the bolt holes match the Triumph bolt pattern for the 750 mirrors. I used the 750 rubber pad and got both mirrors to securely fasten to the Triumph. The mirror part is about the same size on both mirrors, but the stalk is sleeker on the 750 mirror. The 750 mirrors do not move at all. Also, the 750 mirrors do not extend out as far, by about 2 inches on each side, effectively narrowing the bike by 4 inches total.

These are the mirrors that Triumph should have used on the bike. Im very pleased with the result. Id post pics but I dont know how to post them since the Photobucket fiasco, and they look just like the VFR800 mirrors.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks great, I did the same VFR mirror swap on my 2000 Sprint and it was well worth the effort

·
3,120 Posts
Love my VFR mirror swap on both Sprints. They also don't vibrate nearly as much as the Triumph mirrors

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
3,120 Posts
Deus, I have VFR800 mirrors on my bikes. Both work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I used the VFR800 mirrors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts