Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone on here used a veypor digital gauge on a t3,, if so are they worth the cost, and are they made well

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Dphex,
I have their gauge on my '95 D12 and '01 Bonne. It is an addition on the D12 and replaces the guages on the Bonne. Look in my albumn (I think in the Bonne as I don't have a pic on the D12).
The quality is good, display is bright in all light, fairly easy to install and calibrate. I also bought the HUD (heads up display) mainly for riding in traffic but I've rarely used it. I'd say the price is fair when compared to other guages (there are cheaper ones out there but I don't have experience with them). The company is responsive when it comes to inquiries/issues.
I will most likely take the guage off the D12 and ship it home to be used on my "frankenbike"--- a '99 D12 engine in a '02 955 frame.
I'll snap a pic or two of it on the D12 tonight if I get some time.
Keep the shiny side up
Triton

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
veypor

hey thanks for the info,, also how did you work out the speedo with the veypor,, and your bonnie looks great with the tt600 front end,, how does it handle,,

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Here is a "day and night" photo. Bottom line it's in my garage with and without the flash (8pm).

As you can see the unit doesnt quite sit where the digital readout is perfectly square to my vision BUT it's still readable at a glance while riding. It mounts with a clamp around the fork with a universal ball end. I have seen some of those mounts which could replace the washer unter the triple tree securing nut (and other type mounts) but this one is fine for now. Down side is I have to move my head ALOT to see the temp gauge.

Im not sure what you mean by "how did you work out the speedo with the veypor". Basically its a very small sensor at the end of a wire which picks up a magnet you attach to a sprocket, wheel, rotor, etc. I put the magnet on my rear sprocket and ran the wire through the bike, down to and on the inside of the the swingarm. I used zip ties and caulk to keep the wire put. I went with the rear vs front wheel as it tends to stay on the ground more. If you're refering to calibrtion you follow the instructions; measure tire circumfrence, and input some other data in. Speedo (and tach) are accurate as far as I can tell.

The TT forks work well but tended to feel heavy with the 19" harley wheel. The trail isnt the same as the tt forks are longer (I think 1-3" but you can move them up in the trees to get close to the same geometry as stock). My trail is increased with the HD wheel/TT forks but I dont mind because I'm working it up to put the ford rear end on aka Trike. Ive also considered just getting a mag wheel on the back (the TT rear wheel would look a bit funny because it would have to be flipped (chain on other side) and going back to a bar hopper look. Cruise the twin talk forum (or member albumn) and look for sweatmachine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts