Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Please tell me you weren't riding your motorcycle wearing shorts...flip flops too perhaps? You are straddling an engine and it will produce heat...I don't care what type of motorcycle you are riding. Even wearing jeans on a hot day you will feel the heat coming off the engine. Yes, Tigers are known to throw off a good amount of heat but seriously...wear proper riding gear.

If you are looking for any empathy/sympathy you certainly won't get it from me because you chose to ride a motorcycle not wearing proper gear. I have ridden across Death Valley with temp's approaching 120 degrees F and yes it was hot but I didn't suffer any ill effects because of the heat being thrown off from my Tiger. Why you might ask? Because I wearing proper riding gear...it's as simple as that.

Bob
Bob I agree 100%! I have ridden my 21012 XC all over the Southeast in 97 F plus temps. Yes it was hot! But I got no burns. I wear the proper gear.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Please tell me you weren't riding your motorcycle wearing shorts...flip flops too perhaps? You are straddling an engine and it will produce heat...I don't care what type of motorcycle you are riding. Even wearing jeans on a hot day you will feel the heat coming off the engine. Yes, Tigers are known to throw off a good amount of heat but seriously...wear proper riding gear.

If you are looking for any empathy/sympathy you certainly won't get it from me because you chose to ride a motorcycle not wearing proper gear. I have ridden across Death Valley with temp's approaching 120 degrees F and yes it was hot but I didn't suffer any ill effects because of the heat being thrown off from my Tiger. Why you might ask? Because I wearing proper riding gear...it's as simple as that.

Bob
Bob I agree 100%! I have ridden my 2012 XC all over the Southeast in 97 F plus temps. Yes it was hot! But I got no burns. I wear the proper gear.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Last week I was stuck in stop and go traffic going through Staten Island on the "Expressway." Never upshifted out of 1st gear the entire stretch. At one point the dash thermometer was reading 104* and the sweat rolling into my eyes was nearly blinding. Tough riding conditions.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Last week I was stuck in stop and go traffic going through Staten Island on the "Expressway." Never upshifted out of 1st gear the entire stretch. At one point the dash thermometer was reading 104* and the sweat rolling into my eyes was nearly blinding. Tough riding conditions.
I've also taken my previous bike ('11 Tiger 800) down to Long Island and dealt with that on both the Cross Island Parkway and Long Island Expressway. Very similar experience.

We really need legal lane-splitting here in the metro areas of the northeast, but no states seem to have it yet.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts