Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've just been looking at this and was thinking of getting it for my Bonnie. Only question I have (which Evotech customer service seem to have difficulty answering) is how does the bottom part of the sump guard attach to the bike? I know the Tec Bike Parts sump guard protector have a couple of clamps, but it seems from your photos that there are no clamps (if that makes sense?)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've just been looking at this and was thinking of getting it for my Bonnie. Only question I have (which Evotech customer service seem to have difficulty answering) is how does the bottom part of the sump guard attach to the bike? I know the Tec Bike Parts sump guard protector have a couple of clamps, but it seems from your photos that there are no clamps (if that makes sense?)
Hi there- no clamps- it bolts to where the old/stock frame brace plate went and sits quite happily there. no flapping around or anything.- much quicker to remove for oil changes too- can be done without removal but has the potential to be messy!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi there- no clamps- it bolts to where the old/stock frame brace plate went and sits quite happily there. no flapping around or anything.- much quicker to remove for oil changes too- can be done without removal but has the potential to be messy!!
Excellent. Thanks for this. It's strange I got a straightforward and relevant answer from you, but couldn't get one from Evotech themselves. 🤔👍🏾

·
Registered
322 Posts
I installed the same Evotech oil cooler and radiator guards on my '12 Bonnie SE along with their engine crash bobbins when I purchased my bike new in Jan 2013. I really like the quality of Evotech products. The fit and finish is outstanding.

I just received their skid plate, engine crash bobbins, rear lift spools, and front fork guard for my '19 Speed Twin.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts