Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mr postie dropped off my evotech oilcooler and sump guard today. after bobbing the front guard i just felt the oil cooler was a bit exposed to debris.

as i already had the triumph sump guard on the bike i was intially just going to make another grille like the one i made for my wifes america-

but looking on ebay i saw the evotech 2 in 1 and thought it looked pretty nice- not a bad price £74- plus selling off my old sump guard and indicators made it a cheap purchase!

very well made- nice wrinkle satin powdercoat- similar to the engine finish and a piece of pee to install- about 10 mins including rolling a smoke.

well i like it and would recommend it. very fast delivery too.

and check this out- sunshine!!!! right- off for a ride!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Nice. Clean install.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no problems with airflow so far- looking at the design it allows alot of air to pass so i really have no worries about it.

i really think its the best value out there after cobbling together your own!

r and g oil cooler is £40
triumph skid plate £80
evotech both together £74 and in my worthless opinion look really nice together.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and as an added bonus it seems to cut down on the little bits of gravel that always seem to end up in the little 'wells' at the front of the engine behind the oil cooler!- just a little peeve of mine!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got my order from MCmotorcycleparts .........the sump/oil cooler guard for a Bonneville and the workmenship/fit and finish is really nice. I paid $100,00 and shipping was included the price is good as you get two guards and for me with a 19inch front fender I was worried about rock damage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a SW-Motech crashbar and I cannot put this cool protection from Evotech on my bike(Already try). Due to the mounting point of my crash bar. So anyone who going to buy it make sure it apply to your particular bike. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
The oem horn goes right back in the same spot using the same bolt. You just remove the horn during the install and put it right back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wonder if I can install that and keep my homemade R/R relocation right there too? I saw this a few months back and wasn't too sure. I have to buy one now if I can keep the R/R in it's new home.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my horns under the tank now- moved it a while ago just to clean things up.

you can just see it behind the ai valve

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh and as for the rr- can't see why it wouldn't fit-the grille doesn't stick out any further than the frame down tubes so it's like it's 'not there' if you get my meaning...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts