Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I apologize up front if I'm in the wrong forum, but I was hoping I could pick your brains on how to go about finding out the heritage of a 1968 Triumph Bonneville T120R custom Trike.

This trike is a definite 1 of a kind that was built in So. Cal. in the early 70s and was said to be built for the ``Batman`` T.V. series. Alas, after much research, I have been unable to verify this story. Any clues appreciated.

Any ideas?

Jason

·
Registered
625 Posts
I saw this trike for sale on ebay a while back and thought it was really neat. Truly a nicely built '60s radical custom. As far as the Batman legacy goes, I have no idea. The workmanship and style seemed pretty similar to the work that was being done by the guy who built the Batmobile ... as the Monkee mobile ... and several others ... I can't remember his name but a Google search should yield that info for you ... I *think* he's still alive ... he would know best whether or not he built it ... and if it was built for a TV show ... even if he didn't build it ... he might know something about it.

By the way ... did you get the girder front end too? If so, I may know someone interested in it ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , We still have the girder . This is an EXTREMLY rare piece ( 1938 and 1939 ONLY Triumph speedtwin) but it would up the price of the trike. We have already recieved several inquiries about it (Theres an Aussie racer in Queensland that has already offered 1 k just for that frontend!)

·
Registered
625 Posts
The girder is worth considerably more than $1000 US if it's at least mostly complete. There is a long list of folks waiting for a real one to show up for their restorations. My bet friend has 2 girder fronted Triumphs in his garage. The '40 that we're restoring now and a '38 that will happen eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts