Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a call out to anyone in vegas or socal, OR anyone who has made this ride? i'm going out to SOCAL in april to watch the red sox play the angels, and wanna take the bonnie out there. anyone know what is the best, most rewarding ride out there which doesn't involve me flying down the I-15 for 4 hours at 90MPH with a bunch of cagers? i don't mind if it takes significatnly longer, but this would be my first pseudo long ride and i'd like it to be comfortable, enjoyable, and have a couple interesting things to stop at along the way as i'll be 2 up with my girl.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
First things first, you best be routing for the Red Sox son...

Second, you could take 395 which is straight but off the 15, or take 247 to the 18 and go up and over Big Bear mountain, that will put you in highland, ca and then u can hop on the 210 or 15 freeways and head to Anaheim.

There isn't much in the way of twisties when coming from vegas to so cal sorry.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Second, you could take 395 which is straight but off the 15, or take 247 to the 18 and go up and over Big Bear mountain, that will put you in highland, ca and then u can hop on the 210 or 15 freeways and head to Anaheim.

First and foremost, I'd safely assume I'm boston's biggest fan in Las Vegas :D

Secondly, the 247 to the 18 route sounds more interesting, know about how long this trip route would take and what speed i'd be averaging for the good bulk of it?

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I'm not even sure if the back side of 18 is even open right now due to weather conditions.

The north side of 18 is VERY windey, i'd say no more then 45-50mph.

247 is booooooooring just like the 395.

We live in a flat area my friend other than 330 / 18.

Travel time can be calculated by using google maps.

If you'd like to stop by my place we can bitch on how we lost manny and he ain't coming back, he just sold his home in boston >.>

I live in riverside on the way to anaheim.

--Kory

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not even sure if the back side of 18 is even open right now due to weather conditions.

The north side of 18 is VERY windey, i'd say no more then 45-50mph.

247 is booooooooring just like the 395.

We live in a flat area my friend other than 330 / 18.

Travel time can be calculated by using google maps.

If you'd like to stop by my place we can bitch on how we lost manny and he ain't coming back, he just sold his home in boston >.>

I live in riverside on the way to anaheim.

--Kory
haha. so done bitching about manny. i must admit tho, i'm a bit worried about the yanks? they beefed up bigtime....i mean we snagged a lot of good arms but still, it should be one fine season indeed.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts

I recently did this...though, going to vegas, i did a straight shot up 15. Coming back, i took Highway 18 to the back side of big bear. Then through big bear down to the to the 10...Just follow road signs.

To be honest, it wasnt all that great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts