Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I am nearly due for my first valve adjustment, and just picked up a used factory manual. Looking at the drawing of the special tool, I think anyone with a drill press and some taps could easily come up with one pretty quickly. Basically, you would need to have the correct bolts to attach it to the towers, but the bolts that you would use to press down the valve could be anything of the right length, with a nut to set the depth securely. When I tackle this, I'll take some measurements and photos and post them. Maybe someone else that has already done this will read this thread and do the same.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
we used to have a downloads section here and in it was a drawing and instructions for how to make the tool . then the forum got overhauled and everything was lost .

someone around here must have a copy . i'm sure i d/l ed it but not sure where it is anymore .

hey , i actually found it on an old harddrive , this is just the drawing for the plate , not sure if there was more or not .

·
Registered
277 Posts
I made one of those. Let me look to see if I have the drawings. It was the plate that bolted to the towers (from Woody's post) and the bolts with a contoured end that held the buckets down. Or PM me and I'll send you the tool to use and copy. I ended up pulling the cams since I needed to change a few shims and it seemed easier.

·
Registered
277 Posts
D'oh! just looked and you're the other side of the world. I'll try to find the drawings. Or send me a plane ticket and I'll bring the tool ( and my fly rod).:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts