Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a dealership close buy. Does Triumph sell a kit with several shims so I will have a variety to adjust with or can anyone tell me if another make from a Japanese bike will fit so I can get shims from a local dealership. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
honda

I have heard that shims from one of the honda range are exact copies.
or are the triumph ones the copies, hmmmmmmmmm?
Anyway, honda ones are interchangeable, maybe someone can come up with a model designation.
And no, the idea of buying a kit is just too nice to be possible, there is such a huge range of thicknesses, sad to say.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
shims are 25mm diameter jobbies.

Your best bet if you live near to a honda / yam (or triumph shop) is to do the following:

1. check your clearances
2. pull the existing shims and measure
3. work out which shims you can reassign
4. most likely you will have to get one or two - run down to the dealer with those you cant reassign and get the sizes you need. The reason to take them with you is some dealers will do you a swap for your old ones.

this is by far the cheapest way to do this job - shim kits usually cost over $100 for the ones with the smallest selection

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did this

I don't know which older honda models they were. I think it was for like the CB900s and CB1000s. Anyway, the sizes in diameter across are exactly the same. They are also about 1/4 the price of what the Triumph dealer wants. Just go to your local honda shop!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts