Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on a 2000 Sprint RS. I've just adjusted the intake valves and plugged her all back together. I'd swear that I've reconnected everything, even double checked, but I still have the 'Engine Lite' on.
Am I missing anyting silly?
Thanx.
Weazel

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you powered the bike up with any of the sensors disconnected it will set the check engine light even after every thing is back together. Give it 3 warm up and cool down cycles and the light will go out since the fault has cleared. This is all completely normal.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you powered the bike up with any of the sensors disconnected it will set the check engine light even after every thing is back together. Give it 3 warm up and cool down cycles and the light will go out since the fault has cleared. This is all completely normal.
Schweeeet...
That's what I was hoping/thinking.
Thanx!
Weazel

·
Registered
1 Posts
This sort of thing has happened twice while tinkering around with my '01 Tiger. The first time, I was worried, but then I saw a post like this about it. Both times, it reset like a charm after 3 warm-up/cool-down cycles.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still a little concerned. She's running like a scalded dog but throttle response is a little rough and it tends to stall on me occasionally when I roll up to a stop. There's a four-wire plug that's just hanging and it's got me curious. It's a brown/pink, white, grey, black and it's quite clean inside unlike the other loose plugs. It seems to go to an O2 sensor on the German model but I can't find anywhere to plug it in on this bike. I hate Haynes manuals. They simply say, "plug everything back in where it came from". What if it wasn't right to start? I need a factory manual...
I'll probably ride it in to work tomorrow and run it on the dyno. We'll see how she's doing then.
Thanx again.
Weazel

·
Registered
445 Posts
There are not a lot of 4 wire plugs on the RS under the tank. The only other one I can think of is for the idle air control stepper valve.

Does it look like the 4 wire one in the this pic?

I take lots of pics when taking apart my anything on my bike for the first time. They always help with the "where did that hose or how was that cable routed?" question.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not the Air Valve, that's working fine. According to my Haynes manual it will attach to the O2 sensor on the German market bikes.
I rode to work today and the lite went out so I guess everything's fine. I'll post some dyno runs later.
Thanx again.
Weazel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts