Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looking for some opinions of older and wiser Rat Pack cyclists here...

Thanx to this site, I'm getting a handle on weighing trade-offs of older ECU, plastic tank, and unknown 3200 mi history with saving $2500 vs. a new '07, but I don't have a feeling of the intangibles...

Other than this '06, I would buy an '07 from a local dealer that seems pretty cool. Martin Eurosports. They carry Triumph, Duc, and Aprilia. Seems like a pretty cool shop with Daytona 200 shows, open-houses, cheap trackday specials, RAT rides, etc. And the mechanic is kind of famous in our area (Mike Himmelsbach). It's a shop I wouldn't mind supporting.

But, this guy's '06 in a neighboring state seems like a pretty good fit for me too.

Anyone buying a used bike who 'invited' themselves into a local shop's special events feel welcome? Anyone feel weird going to a local Triumph shop with a bike you didn't buy there?

Of course, I know money does most of the talking. Just want to feel ya out on this a bit as I decide between a used '06 or a new '07 for one extra year's ~$200/mo. I have no experience in this.

·
Registered
192 Posts
On 2007-03-04 04:11, wheelspeed wrote:
Anyone feel weird going to a local Triumph shop with a bike you didn't buy there?
The fact that you even own a Triumph will ensure your welcome. It's a rare bike that not many people ride. I'm sure they'll appreciate that someone else is riding one. Makes for more customers, you know?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I bought mine used, I don't have a problem going into any dealer with the bike. A dealer will have no prob charging you sky high prices regardless where you bought it. :-D :hammer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts