G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone fitted a Valentine One onto their 2003 model? I use it in my
car, so I will just suction sticker it to the windshield when on the
bike, but I'd like to splice the power wiring (supplied with the
valentine) onto the bikes loom, somewhere near the windshield.
Any 'leccies/sparkies' out there?

Regards in advance.

Gary Smith
aka redcoat
silver 03

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Regards in advance.

Gary Smith
aka redcoat
silver 03

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Regards in advance.

Gary Smith
aka redcoat
silver 03

·
Registered
922 Posts
Jim the VI is the awaks of radar detectors have a look at their web site. you will be impressed

unfortunatly they have a sales policy and there is a differance in detector frequancies (USA-UK) that make them very expensive over here and your m8 cant ship one over to you.

Red coat

there is a 3 pin plug spare in the nose that has a perminent live, switched live and earth connection, it is used for the heated grips. i would use that if you dont have the heated grips fitted or scotchlok off one if you have. (anybody know what the conections are like on the back of the heated grip switch? are they spade conections? or is it a sealed unit?)

run the wire up the front of the dash and through the little gap between the nose and the dash.

i would not like to use a sucker on the wind shield to hold a V1 if i could aford to buy one. i would have a very strong bolted conection of some type may be even a RAM mount on the bars or off the front faring subframe.

remember the V1 is not water proof

Oh I really want one of those things

so many gadgets so little money

actualy no i don't want a V1
what i want is a water proof nose detector box mounted under the fairing by the horn. a back detector box also water proof mounted behind the rear light with a waterproof remote display like the V1 on the dash and a WP remote volume control on the left handle bar

are you listening Mr Valentine

and about £100-00 please pritty please

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It's THE radar detector.

I've wanted a Valantine one for a number of years but couldn't part with the dosh to actually purchase one. Are they really "all that and a bag of chips"? Is it really worth the $400+?

As for hard wiring, there is a stray plug under the guages on my Super III where the harness is wired for a clock on the Sprint. I would think that it would be a great place to wire in your radar detector.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Jim the VI is the awaks of radar detectors have a look at their web site. you will be impressed

unfortunatly they have a sales policy and there is a differance in detector frequancies (USA-UK) that make them very expensive over here and your m8 cant ship one over to you.

Red coat

there is a 3 pin plug spare in the nose that has a perminent live, switched live and earth connection, it is used for the heated grips. i would use that if you dont have the heated grips fitted or scotchlok off one if you have. (anybody know what the conections are like on the back of the heated grip switch? are they spade conections? or is it a sealed unit?)

run the wire up the front of the dash and through the little gap between the nose and the dash.

i would not like to use a sucker on the wind shield to hold a V1 if i could aford to buy one. i would have a very strong bolted conection of some type may be even a RAM mount on the bars or off the front faring subframe.

what i want is a water proof nose detector box mounted under the fairing by the horn. a back detector box also water proof mounted behind the rear light with a waterproof remote display like the V1 on the dash and a WP remote volume control on the left handle bar

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It's THE radar detector.

I've wanted a Valantine one for a number of years but couldn't part with the dosh to actually purchase one. Are they really "all that and a bag of chips"? Is it really worth the $400+?

As for hard wiring, there is a stray plug under the guages on my Super III where the harness is wired for a clock on the Sprint. I would think that it would be a great place to wire in your radar detector.

·
Registered
922 Posts

Red coat

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It's THE radar detector.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
On 2003-10-31 07:46, Hinckley wrote:
I could have done with one on Tuesday this week: clocked at 64 in a 35 :thump:

I guess it had to happen some time :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Shame on you mick, we're all supposed to be responsible riders us Triumph guys, aren't we!!!. Are you facing a ban or what, over here in the uk 30 or more above the limit instant ban, (if caught). Hope you're not off the road.

all the best m8

davie.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Shame on you mick, we're all supposed to be responsible riders us Triumph guys, aren't we!!!. Are you facing a ban or what, over here in the uk 30 or more above the limit instant ban, (if caught). Hope you're not off the road.

all the best m8

davie.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

all the best m8

davie.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
No I was lucky, the cop wrote the ticket up as 60mph and it cost me $86. If he had written it up for the full speed it would have been nearer $120. I should point out that this was a rural road and not in a town. Speed limits are generally lower here than in the UK. fortunately we have police who are allowed to excercise discretion.

I must admit I felt a bit of a pillock getting caught about 1.5 miles from home on a "mad moment".

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
No I was lucky, the cop wrote the ticket up as 60mph and it cost me $86. If he had written it up for the full speed it would have been nearer $120. I should point out that this was a rural road and not in a town. Speed limits are generally lower here than in the UK. fortunately we have police who are allowed to excercise discretion.

I must admit I felt a bit of a pillock getting caught about 1.5 miles from home on a "mad moment".

1 - 20 of 36 Posts