Winona man was huffing propane before vehicle explosion
A Winona man whose 1999 Chevrolet Blazer exploded on Prairie Island Road last week was huffing propane before the incident, Police Chief Paul Bostrack said Monday.
According to the report, the man was sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle the when he lit a cigarette at approximately 7 p.m. Monday, March 26, igniting the gas-filled car. The force of the explosion crumpled the roof, broke windows and sent the windshield flying nearly 40 yards away.
The man, who was able to crawl out of the vehicle sustained minor burns to the face. He was found shortly after the explosion by emergency personnel walking away from the accident.
An ambulance was dispatched, but the man declined medical treatment.
The man was interviewed by police after the incident, at which time he admitted to inhaling propane before the explosion. Police did not release the man's name because he was not charged with a crime.
GM has just announced the end of iconic Australian car brand Holden. One of the key reasons given was that GM are exiting the Right Hand Drive market. What does this mean for the British Isles? Any rumblings or press coverage over there?
This site has really tanked lately. Lots of newbies posting thier problem bikes on any thread they happen to land on. "Weekend Internet Mechanics", just looking for a quick answer. They sign up just long enough to get what they are looking for. ...J.D.
A forum community dedicated to Triumph Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, racing, cafe racers, bobbers, riding, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!