Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy mod....bought the JP cycles mirrors for the Yamaha V max...got them yesterday...Made by EMGO...good quality....Just unscrew the tops of your Mickey Mouse round ones and screw on the new mirrors. Leave the stems alone....Look great and better rear view....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK....let me do it this weekend and I'll post some pics...Dr Jay

·
Registered
296 Posts
Would I be right in saying that the Bonnie mirrors are 10mm thread, with a left hand thread on the right mirror and a right hand thread on the left? :upthumb:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the cool part....I don't know!!! You don't have to worry since the mirror stems are the same...just screw off the top nut...and bingo...new mirrors!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
On 2007-03-09 11:41, doctorjay wrote:
This is the cool part....I don't know!!! You don't have to worry since the mirror stems are the same...just screw off the top nut...and bingo...new mirrors!!
Yeh, but if they're not handed correctly (left and right) then they wont screw on. :???:

Sorry, should make it clear, I am in the UK and we have different suppliers of the V max mirrors.

[ This message was edited by: ChrisV on 2007-03-09 12:06 ]

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point....I ordered one left and one right handed mirror...just can't remember which I did first, but the right went on the right and left same

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I used V-Stars instead of V-Max's...
They might be the same mirrors....

Super easy to install....like doc said....it's a straight swap, you don't even have to remove the stock stalks.
The look a LOT better...plus you can actually see past your elbows.

Got mine (used) from ebay for $25 shipped

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had em, better view but they still stick out too far. I just installed a pair of CRG LS Mirrors today. I think I'm going to like them!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Moved my mirrors to the barends (copied the brackets I saw in an earlier thread), both of my mirrors are standard lefty loosy, righty tighty, 06 Bonnie black.

·
Registered
296 Posts
On 2007-03-09 23:28, Lanont wrote:
Moved my mirrors to the barends (copied the brackets I saw in an earlier thread), both of my mirrors are standard lefty loosy, righty tighty, 06 Bonnie black.
Is this the thread where the mirror goes on the stem. If so then it would appear from the postings here that Triumph switched at some point from similar threads to having a left and right handed thread on the mirrors.

Can anyone solve this mystery, or some of us are going to be disappointed when we order the wrong things :mad:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Both stems have standard threading. You will use the Triumph stems and standard thread Yamaha mirrors. You may receive stems with the mirrors but you won't use them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
On 2007-03-10 07:01, 5bassman wrote:
Both stems have standard threading. You will use the Triumph stems and standard thread Yamaha mirrors. You may receive stems with the mirrors but you won't use them.
Think the penny has just dropped.

The mirrors attach to the stems with standard threads.

The stems attach to the V maxs with left and right hand threads - but as you rightly point out, these are not used.
:) :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The link Poffy provided are the mirrors I got...I'll take some pics later today and post the to this thread

·
Registered
69 Posts
So was Super Sidecar correct? Are the mirrors on JP Cycles the correct ones to buy? Also, are the right and left threaded differently (like a bicycle pedal)? Do you buy a right and a left mirror?

Thanks!

·
Registered
827 Posts
On 2007-03-10 08:25, ChrisV wrote:
On 2007-03-10 07:01, 5bassman wrote:
Think the penny has just dropped.

The mirrors attach to the stems with standard threads.

The stems attach to the V maxs with left and right hand threads - but as you rightly point out, these are not used.
:) :wink: :wink:
Righto!

·
Registered
827 Posts
On 2007-03-10 10:39, SoCalNewbie wrote:
So was Super Sidecar correct? Are the mirrors on JP Cycles the correct ones to buy? Also, are the right and left threaded differently (like a bicycle pedal)? Do you buy a right and a left mirror?
The mirrors themselves should be standard thread, not right or left. The stems that come with the mirrors may be thread right and left but you won't be using those stem, you'll be using the stems that came on the Triumph. Order 10mm mirrors. That's how I found mine on Ebay, by typing in 10mm mirrors.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts