Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Small update, bolted everything up :)

Header is the well known 3-into-1 from a T509. I dimpled the part that hits the oil sump, unfortunately the pipe is still touching one of the screws slightly so I have to do a better job I guess.

Water pipe re-routing won't win any beuty contests but seems to work. I cut up the old water pipe, twisted the upper part and conected both ends with part of a hose from a T509/T709. I will probably wrap it with some metal-looking exhaust wrap to disguise it :)

Used a 51/48/41mm stainless steel adapter from the muffler to the header. Had to cut the 51mm part off and then it was quite easy to bang the pipe into the header. I thought it was tight but apparently not enought as I can feel the exhaust gases leaking, so I have to seal it with some heat stable silicone as I did for the part connecting to the muffler.

I'll get some sound clips when everything is bolted up tight :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bolted up the exhaust today :) I managed to make a larger dimple below the oil sump (also grinded some of the hex screw away) and sealed junctions with silicone. Sound clips tomorrow if there are no leaks :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Had a coolant leak between the relocated pipe and the T509 hose. Was a bad clamp so replaced it with two new ones (to be safe).

Here are the promised sound clips, I think it sounds great, quite unique sound! Sorry about the crappy light and weather.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Really nice, man! That has a great snarly sound; much different from the 3 into 2 stock setup. I think your efforts paid off. :)

Thanks for taking the time to put the videos together.

Noel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
as the won't fit straight out of the box, but you guys think they will be way to loud on a triple?
Sorry, don't quite follow? I uploaded the sound clips so people could make up their own mind of the loudness :) maybe you mean if I had used two mufflers with the stock header? I don't think that would be too loud, unless it's the US version wit baffles removed, that might be too loud :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts