Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i'm looking at a used 2004 Thruxton. The guy wants $6,300.00 (US) Is this a fair price? Man I really love this bike.

Here's some details:

CRG bar end mirror, black "shorty" Pazzo brake/clutch levers with gold adjusters, new rear tire, EBC rear brake pads, T100 Tank badges, and the Predator exhaust system with the proper jetting. Never down, while moving or at a stand still. Mileage at just under 7000.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jeff

·
Registered
299 Posts
My brothers 05 leftover purchased 2 months ago from a Triumph dealer was 5900 out the door. He just put predators, nark and fender kit,etc on it for around $1000. I think its alittle high for year and mileage. my opinion. But value is what you think its worth.

[ This message was edited by: listo on 2006-12-06 21:05 ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
that's waaaayyyy to much! He is trying to take you for a ride! Call all the dealer's in your area and see if they have any left overs. I bet you can pick one up with well under a thousand miles for that.
TJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,
the dealers in my area (San Francisco) are asking $7,999.00
for a new 2006 Thruxton. Once you add tax and license, it's over $8,500.00. I couldn't find any leftover bikes at any of the dealers in my area. If I offer the guy $6,000, would that be too crazy? What would be a fair price?

I really apppreciate the opinions guys.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
In this area, as you note, to create the bike you describe from a new bike would run you around $9600 based on the price of the acccessories. You'd have a warrantee, too, along with higher registration costs. I don't think the warrantee is critical, BTW; these are very robust bikes with a proven design.

To me, $6000 seems fair. If you lean on him hard you might get it pushed down a bit ($5800?), or he might just wait to see if there are any other bites. It doesn't hurt to offer...I bet if you offer $5700 he'll sell it for $6000 and everyone's happy.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Let's see..... 2004 Thruxton for $6,300.00
"Is this a fair price? Man I really love this bike."
*!BAM!* What's to wonder? You (already) "LOVE" this bike.

1) CRG bar end mirror.
OVER a hundred dollars EACH!

2) Black "shorty" Pazzo brake/clutch levers with gold adjusters.
Do you have ANY idea what this guy paid for this really cool stuff?!?!?! $$$$$

3) new rear tire.
Bonus!

4) EBC rear brake pads.
Good stuff, but the guy doesn't know how to ride..... replacing the REAR brake pads this soon????

5) T100 Tank badges.
Cool..... about a hundred bucks.

6) Predator exhaust system with the proper jetting.
BEST (in my opinion), and it cost him over $425.00 for the exhuast, not to mention the expense of getting dialed in!

7) Mileage at just under 7000.
That ain't noth'n...... Low mileage. I done already put over 22,000 miles on one!

You do the math, listen to your heart, does the color appeal to you...... you already (after all) "love this bike"..... Don't ask us if it's worth the money you have in your pocket, be happy with the decision that you make. That is one fine machine that boy has there..... and it could be your's!

So, what're ya gonna offer him?
:-D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Pat, you do know how to cut to the chase.
"So, how much are you going to offer him?"

I would say that 6,300 is on the high side of reasonable but only just.
As FatRat pointed out, the bike comes with some trick goodies.

Nada value-for 2004Thrux (stock)
show him $5,750 cash.
My .02 and worth every penny.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sounds like $6300 is at least in the ballpark. Listo is right, the value is what you feel its worth to you.

Maybe do a little bargaining and walk away with the bike at the lowest price you can negotiate.

... but make sure you get the bike.

P

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sounds like a nice bike, with all the go fast and trick lookin' goodies too. Let the guy know you're interested, feel him out about negotiability, if you're willing to wait a few weeks, especially this time of year, you should be able to get a good deal. Make sure you take it for a good test ride, and give it a thorough going over, remember it's buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
And when was it sold? Triumph has a tidy two year warranty that runs post sale. My 2001 Tiger still had a year warranty when purchased used end of 2004. That's worth something to me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok, i'm going to take a breath, relax and realize that i'm on a triumph forum and not a Tattoo forum. The Tattoo doesn't look "old". He used Grey wash to make it look more like a picture of the actual badge. if he would have done it in a traditional manner with an outline it would have looked more like a drawing of a picture of a triumph badge.

Now that is settled. I do like the T-100. The real ugly badge is the stupid '68 clear plastic badge with the triumph decal on it. I don't really see how that would make one look more like a '68 bonnie.
TJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts