Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

US vs. EU vs. Aus

819 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  KitNYC 
#1 ·
Is there any difference in specs between the US, EU and other versions of the Triumphs?

I know in the car world we have JDM, EDM and UDM bits. Most noticeable is the type of lights. There are a few other differences depending on which car.

Just curious and thinking about ways to make my sprint one of a kind. :)

#3 ·
There are subtle differences for Australia also.

Like Sweden we have a small rear facing reflector separate to the tail light.
We also have at least one head light hard wired to the ignition so when the engine is running the head light is always on.

I cannot tell you exactly what they are though.
All vehilces in Australia require a compliance plate in the engine bay (car truck or bus) or usually on the frame of the bike to certify it "complies" with the Australian emission controls etc.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

#4 ·
Yeah, we have the DRL (daytime running light) thing as well.
No difference in actual lights? Seems the Euro stuff is always "better" and brighter than ours. I've done a lil research on my own, seems Triumph may actually make them all very similar, only changing for specific gov't requirements (and California).

#6 ·
Not sure about recent Sprints, but the T3 series machines definitely have different headlight assemblies for different countries. A bit odd, as it seems totally unrelated to left-hand vs right-hand drive, but there it is...

Cheers,
-Kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.