Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad Gum, what a magnificent job the pilots the pilots of US Air Flight 1549 did today, many, many kudos to them and all the crew. Awesome, amazing, I'm a private pilot myself and cannot imagine the situation they were in.

Also kudos to Airbus Industries for building one tough aircraft

And Curse those darn Canada Geese who now have resorted to taking down planes.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It was a fantastic job by the pilots and lets not forget the incredibly quick response time by the rescue personnel. I just saw a video of the plane going down and it looks like there was a large boat picking up the passengers in under a minute.

·
Registered
422 Posts
"Pitch for best glide-call for the checklist."

"The probability of survival is inversely proportional to your angle of arrival."

The captain conducts safety seminars across the country.

Good on him. Thank God.

Zip

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Latest report from the FAA was the geese were seen wearing rags on their heads.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
is DUBYA going to invade canada now to destroy the Geese of mass distruction!!!
Don't tempt him...

After all, he still has a few more days in office... :eek:

Honestly though, that was a pretty interesting case. Good job by the pilot and a little luck always helps too. The ground crews will probably have that plane back on the flight-line in no time!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Seems that the plane had something to do with it as well, a certain switch... closes all the vents etc... a battening down of the hatches, as it were - apparently allows a greater float time. :)

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I worked at Bendix which is across the street from Teterboro Airport. That is the airport that he was given to try to land at. Thank God he did not because if he did not make it there would have been a lot of people on the ground killed as well. That whole area is so densely populated with houses and businesses and roadways.

My hat is off to this pilot he did a fine job indeed.
:bighand::thumbsup::welldone:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts