Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am somewhat confused as to the bikes you are calling 09 in the States .The 09 bikes are only just available in the UK. The 'new 09' Bonnie' has 7 spoke cast wheels and a new front disk and the Thruxton are only avalible in black and red are yours ? or are the 08 bikes sold as 09 in the US ?
Hope you can clear this up for me .

·
30,318 Posts
Yes I am pretty sure the range of bikes is the same acroos both countries. About the only difference is that they are slower to update the USA part of the website when new models come out!

·
Registered
245 Posts
another example of Triumph's web shortcomings

To further add to the model confusion, I noticed both the UK and US websites recently got a makeover which includes a "build your own bike" feature. Pretty cool - until you discover it's only for the '08 models. When I went ahead and tried it anyway, I discovered this idiocy was further compounded by their using '09 pricing, at least on the Scrambler anyway:mad:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm in the States, and I have a 09 Bonneville Black,
and the rims are spoked and look just like the 08's and 07's,
but with a bigger tank and EFI.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Thanks for all the input. Our 08 bikes have been EFI for a year now . I was only asking about your bikes as our local dealer has a new 09 Bonnie on show but not for sale yet . I did see it on display at Brighton ( Ace cafe's Brighton Burn Up ) in the summer when it was on loan from the factory . As for the wheels, only our T100 Bonnie has the old spoked wheels for 09.
Sill non the wiser . I'll have a look on the US web site as Sofiaspin suggested .
Cheers
Al

·
Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
11,931 Posts
Triumph released a small batch of EFI Bonnies with spoked wheels in the US already that they called 2009's. They probably decided to call them 09's because they had EFI. All other Bonnies in the US are carbed. MotoPrimo in Minneapolis said they'd get their "regular" 09Bonnies late January.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Carlos ,that explains why there is so little info on the site about air box removal ect on the EFI bikes. Seems odd that your getting models about 9 months after us in the UK .
Cheers Al

·
Registered
305 Posts
In the UK bikes are released sept 1st to aug 31st of the following year. Where I live, bikes generally arrive in the dealers 6 months later so people often get confused. I have an 09 bonnie, but its registerd 08. I found it refreshing that triumph considered our little island important enought that the bikes were only a month late :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts