Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there.

Just wondering if there are any members in the Catskills or Hudson Valley? I've been looking for folks to ride with up that way.

Or, at the very least, road recommendations. But someone to ride with would be nice, too. ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
How far north are you going?
Rt 212 to 28 to 214 to 23A then 23 is a nice little run thru the Catskills.
If you end up in my 'hood, I'll take you thru the Mini-Dragon of the Northeast
I was looking for a video, turns out this video is from a guy I ride with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJzwoT3hEHw

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far north are you going?
Rt 212 to 28 to 214 to 23A then 23 is a nice little run thru the Catskills.
If you end up in my 'hood, I'll take you thru the Mini-Dragon of the Northeast
I was looking for a video, turns out this video is from a guy I ride with.

Haven't been through Utica area, but definitely want to get up there this summer. I'll let you know.

As far as the roads you mentioned, I'm pretty familiar with them. In fact, I live right off of 28 in Andes. So if you swing down this way, let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
NJ-NY - Afton

Hey - all -

I'm visiting a friends house in Afton. Its a great excuse to put the street triple on the road - I'm starting off in northern NJ, sussexx county.

Any recommendations for a route - I did it all by highway before, but with the little wind protection on the street, I am thinking of backroads.

thanks
Harj

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hey - all -

I'm visiting a friends house in Afton. Its a great excuse to put the street triple on the road - I'm starting off in northern NJ, sussexx county.

Any recommendations for a route - I did it all by highway before, but with the little wind protection on the street, I am thinking of backroads.

thanks
Harj
Take 23 through High Point to Rt 97 rather than 17, it's much more scenic. Also, you should really ride Route 10 while you're up near Afton. It's one of my favorite riding roads.

·
Registered
135 Posts
sweet vid, Joe... Im pretty sure we take that road to go to the Harley Rendevous in Mariahville. Yer firnds pretty quick on that wicked lil guido scoot. Dk, if yer ever near Staatsburg (Poughkeepsie area) Im usually up for a ride. And Sal, BB is waychin everywhere in this money-pit of a state.. lol.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I highly recommend Rt 10 in the Walton area. Be sure to ride around the Cannonsville and Downsville Reservoirs as well when you're in the area. Rt209E from Walton takes you to Downsville. Ride 209/30 around the reservoir and take Rt28 north which is also a great road. Some of my favorite riding is in this area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ride on

hey- Im in Stowe Vermont so i think it would make a good meet up ride- I can show you some great rides up this way and always looking for other triumph riders- only met 3 actually- sure there are many others here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts