Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have a Bonneville SE and a T120. I like my SE a lot. It’s great fun for shorter rides, and is very flickable. That said, the T120 is better in virtually every way. More power, refinement, six speed, ABS, added cruise. They compliment each other pretty well, but if I HAD to get rid of one, I think it would be the SE. I hope it never comes to that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have a Bonneville SE and a T120. I like my SE a lot. It’s great fun for shorter rides, and is very flickable. That said, the T120 is better in virtually every way. More power, refinement, six speed, ABS, added cruise. They compliment each other pretty well, but if I HAD to get rid of one, I think it would be the SE. I hope it never comes to that.
Yes, the extra gear is a huge plus. I only realize it when I’m back on the Thruxton doing 75+ mph on the highway and looking for a 6th gear that isn’t there.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
in 2012 i test rode a T100 but liking the looks of the mag wheeler bought it without riding as it came from another dealer, BIG MISTAKE!!! only 5-8 + 155 lb + getting older it was cramped + uncomfortable for me!!! enjoying my preowned 18 T120 + the leftover 19 street scram i bought to tug my motorvation spyder chair as $$$ allow!!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Miss my T100 SE, but the 120 is superior in just about every facet of comfort and performance. Heavier yes, and not quite as tossable. But that torque! Oh, and sixth gear. Tried to to shift up out of fifth in the T100 about a million times.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts