Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It transpires that I have a faulty fuel sensor, this has been replaced along with the alarm imobiliser for a new one. The old one has gone back to Datatool for testing but they are aware I need the bike (no ****!) so have put a new one on.

They are keeping the bike and putting in the miles to ensure that its sorted and bringing the miles up to 500 so they can do the first service.

As you know its coming to France for the summer and as its been a disaster from start to finish I would of been unable to put the miles on.

So they have got to ride my bike for the first 500 miles and all I managed to do was 130.

Obviously I'm not paying for the service and my letter is being written as we speak, bullet pointed and stating the facts. I want the next service fee and any accesories they think they could add on top of the £600 worth I had put on.

Your also be pleased to know that my RAC membership was sent out to me ASAP.

Oh and the bike never had any petrol put in when I picked it up even though it was supposed to.

Its nice to know that it wasn't anything I had done IFYKWIM:rolleyes:

They have been very good keeping me informed of whats going and I should have my bike delivered back to me Friday.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yikes.

Here's hoping that come Friday evening it's all sorted out, performing the way a new bike should be performing, and delivered ready to be ridden hard all weekend.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
May I suggest that on Saturday you go for a test ride.
Not a ride. A test ride. stay very local to either the house or the shop. start and stop the bike many times. Turn the alarm on and off as much as possable.
This will do 2 things. it will tell you that the problem is truely fixed and will help you get some cofidence in the bike.

Holding your breath hoping that the bike will start is no way to go through life.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
I'm glad your bike is getting sorted out! I feel for ya. I also feel for ya, knowing that when you get your bike it will have more miles done by someone else than by you, this would drive me nuts. I guess you'll just have to rack up some miles/kilometers yourself!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Irony

I was only sent a customer survey today from Triumph, asking me about my buying experience and the quality of the bike ...:D

Talk about good timing!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I was only sent a customer survey today from Triumph, asking me about my buying experience and the quality of the bike ...:D

Talk about good timing!!
Dealers are worried about these forms and they fear their butts will get kicked if they score poorly. However we need to tell it as it is - but perhaps you may want to ensure the faceless box tickers are sent your letter as well so there is a broader picture that fingers the poor Triumph quality control, not just any dealer failings. Hopefully it all comes good as frankly there is nothing on the market that comes anywhere near the SE in terms of spec, design, style, ease of use blah blah.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I've already ticked the box so that the dealer gets a copy. I've just got to type out my letter which was draughted in pen and then it will wing its way to them as well, don't worry I am going to send one.

I had a lovely ride this afternoon on the loaner, the bike is just so easy to ride and boy does it pull when it needs to. Hubby and I both had such an enjoyable afternoon out together, much better than last weekend.

The seat is still just bloody awful and really does have to be changed. In my head its got to be done in cream with Triumph written in gold on the back. :D

Can you recommend any custom seat guys here in the UK?

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
:) ---------------------------:)-------------------------------:)

I should have my bike delivered back to me Friday.
Well???

I'm sure your new helmet is very blue and shiny and the color matchs just ever so ever, but the essence of riding is.... riding, not matching togs.

The seat is still just bloody awful and really does have to be changed. In my head its got to be done in cream with Triumph written in gold on the back.
I don't think the color is going to make much difference in comfort level.
Try riding the stock one for a while. You haven't even really given it a chance. They come around in a couple thousand miles or so.
I venture to say with some confidence that your arse (sorry, your bumm) can't possably be any bonier than mine.

Come on Rose. Get off the fence, through a leg over and get on down the road. :)

the next 3 things you need to buy are

gas...and LOTS OF IT..... 'cause you can't ride without it
oil/filter... cause you racked up the miles.
tires.. because the stockers are cooked.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry, I've done 10,000 miles on my T100, and I would still prefer to sit on a brick over the stock seat. They don't improve over time in my opinion. You would think after making bikes for over 100 years they could make a seat more comfortable than the rubbish they provide. Worst seat I have had in 40 years of motor-cycling, absolute crap.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, at least I'm not as bad as most of the blokes I know, who have leathers to match their bikes:p

I've had a ride out today and clocked up 130 miles:D bike is lovely to ride, haven't had so much fun in ages. I went with a grilfriend of mine and left hubby at home. We went through all the country roads in this county and the next, very Miss Marple, beautiful places. Loads of bikers on the road but then again it was a fab day.

The summer screen was great, took all the wind off of my chest, but I need to get out in a mo and adjust it as it hit me head on instead and give the bike a wash as its covered in dead flies.

I just can't express how much fun I've had today , my holiday in France can't come round quick enough, all those beautiful roads with hardly any traffic, I really am a lucky girl:D

Oh and the seat is still bloody awlful and will have to be changed, no matter what you say:p

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can't agree more. Just did a 200 mile day yesterday with my pop, and it was great. We road up through 4 different passes in the mountains, and the weather and scenery couldn't have been better. Best ride I've ever been on.

And yeah, my ass (or arse for my across the pond friends) hurt after about 30 miles. But seeing as how a) I've clocked less than 1000 miles on my new SE and 2) I don't have the extra scratch for a new seat after getting married, I'll stick with the stock for the foreseeable future.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another Update and a positive one

Well don't want to bore all of you too much. I took the advice of a couple of indivuduals on here and wrote a complaint letter to my dealer.

I explained the poor service and listed what had gone wrong from start to finish. I suggested that the least they could do was provide the 6000 and 1200 service should be free of charge.

I had a letter back yesterday apologising for the poor service and the bike being faulty. They informed me that the sales person I delt with was no longer at the branch and they aggreed to a free 6000 and 1200 service. I'm pleased I took the time to do it, I also copied the letter to Triumph, where I also described my experience at the three dealers I went to and their attitude towards me and await there response too.

So it just goes to show that if your not happy with the service you have had, you have nothing to loose by writing a letter.

·
30,525 Posts
Very good Rose - that sounds fair. I hope that as you get through those services your experiences will improve, and that you might write them another letter saying so.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very good Rose - that sounds fair. I hope that as you get through those services your experiences will improve, and that you might write them another letter saying so.
I was going to say the same thing. As long as they take a real interest in sorting it out, you should let them know.

Glad to hear that it's getting better. I can imagine a very sour taste for Triumph's.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was going to say the same thing. As long as they take a real interest in sorting it out, you should let them know.

Glad to hear that it's getting better. I can imagine a very sour taste for Triumph's.

Of course I will, I always reward good behaviour!:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts