Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does someone have all or some of the upcoming meeting, shows, classic and vintage meetings and events for their clubs etc? Please list them with date place and contact numbers.
Thanks

BB

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Does someone have all or some of the upcoming meeting, shows, classic and vintage meetings and events for their clubs etc? Please list them with date place and contact numbers.
Thanks

BB
Here are the TOMCC & RAT events for Canterbury. I was just going to send the URL but what the hell.
Upcoming Canterbury TOMCC Events

Canterbury TOMCC has a very close friendship with Street N Sport and I have included their RAT (Riders Association Triumph) events into our calendar. Please support Street N Sport and their RAT events if you are able too. David Thompson is the Organiser of the RAT events and can be contacted on 389 5969 or email: [email protected]

January 2009
15 January (Thursday) RAT, Dinner ride to the Wheatsheaf for a bite to eat, then home. Meet behind the shop at 5.30 to ride at 6.00
23rd January TOMCC Friday Night Ride: This Months ride has been bought forward a week due to it clashing with the Woodstock rally. Meet at the Shell Station corner New Brighton Rd and Marshlands road 7:15pm sharp for a 30 minute ride out to a 1 hour rest stop and then head back home round 9pm. Ring Blair Corkran 388-0302 for more details. If wet meet at the Richmond Bowling Club, 7 Averill St, Richmond, Christchurch for indoor meet and greet.
25 January (Sunday) RAT, Superbike racing at Ruapuna. Meet behind the shop t 10.00 and we'll take the long way to the races.
27 January (Tuesday) RAT, Advanced riding course at Levels raceway put on by Mainland Driving School especially for Street and Sport customers. Meet behind the shop at 0630 to get to Timaru by 0900
30th January, 1st and 2nd: February Woodstock Rally Hokitika:

February
8 February 2008 RAT, The next week is the TOMCC rally, so just a short one this month - Akaroa for lunch. Meet behind the shop at 10.30 for 11.00 departure
13th, 14th and 15th February: National TOMCC Rally: Being hosted by our Wellington Chapter and held at YMCA Camp Kaitoke – SH2 – 15 KM North of Upper Hutt
27th February: TOMCC Friday Night Ride: Meet Shell Station corner New Brighton Rd and Marshlands road 7:15pm sharp for a 30 minute ride out to a 1 hour rest stop and then head back home round 9pm. Ring Blair Corkran 388-0302 for more details. If wet meet at the Richmond Bowling Club, 7 Averill St, Richmond, Christchurch for indoor meet and greet.
28th February & 1st of March: Sound of Thunder Ruapuna. We will meet at Ruapuna on the Sunday and have a nice BBQ during the race stoppage for lunch.

March
1 March (Sunday) RAT, Ride around the block (Coast and back). The last one was a brilliant ride so we couldn't resist repeating the process. It's a 700km ride and takes all day, so meet behind the shop at 0700 for a 7.45 departure.
6th, 7th and 8th March: March Hare Rally:
12 March (Thursday) RAT, Dinner ride to the Wheatsheaf for a bite to eat, then home. Meet behind the shop at 5.30 to ride at 6.00
21st March: TOMCC Club overnighter Whitecliffs domain: Bring along a tent and the club supplies the Hangi evening meal and slap up breakfast
27th March: Friday TOMCC Night Ride: Meet Shell Station corner New Brighton Rd and Marshlands road 7:15pm sharp for a 30 minute ride out to a 1 hour rest stop and then head back home round 9pm. Ring Blair Corkran 388-0302 for more details. If wet meet at the Richmond Bowling Club, 7 Averill St, Richmond, Christchurch for indoor meet and greet.

April
5 April (Sunday) RAT, Kaikoura and back via the Leader road. This will probably be the last chance we get to ride this road before the evil grit ruins it. Meet behind the shop at 09.00 for an 09.30 departure.
Easter weekend 10th – 12th April RAT, Omaka, Classic Fighters air show, Blenheim. At this point I'm looking for expressions of interest to go to this event - they have heaps of warbirds including Spitfires, Mustangs and WW1 aircraft flying, and it's always a bloody good show. If you're interested in making a run of it, let me know ASAP by ringing David Thompson on 389 5969 and I’ll organise accommodation etc. More info here http://www.classicfighters.co.nz/
16 April (Thursday) RAT, Dinner ride to The Ruptured Duck, Sumner. Meet behind the shop at 5.30 to ride at 6.00 and we'll take the long way there via Lyttelton if it's fine.
24th April: TOMCC Friday Night Ride: Meet Shell Station corner New Brighton Rd and Marshlands road 7:15pm sharp for a 30 minute ride out to a 1 hour rest stop and then head back home round 9pm. Ring Blair Corkran 388-0302 for more details. If wet meet at the Richmond Bowling Club, 7 Averill St, Richmond, Christchurch for indoor meet and greet.*

May
3 May 2008 RAT, Ride to http://www.tanksforeverything.co.nz/ Tanks for Everything, McLean’s Island. Meet behind the shop at 11.00 and we'll take the long way there before getting a tour of the site and a ride in either the FV432 or Saracen APC or Hagglunds snow-cat. The cost for this is $25.00.
14 May (Thursday) RAT, dinner ride to The Ruptured Duck, Sumner. Meet behind the shop at 5.30 to ride at 6.00 and we'll take the long way there via Lyttelton if it's fine.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Corky, What about the other chapters of the TOMCC? I am even though I have one of the latest Triumphs interested in classic meeting on the North Island and the closer to home the better, I also have not joined a club yet. Any recommendations welcome.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Thanks Corky, What about the other chapters of the TOMCC? I am even though I have one of the latest Triumphs interested in classic meeting on the North Island and the closer to home the better, I also have not joined a club yet. Any recommendations welcome.
Hi Bushybester.

The TOMCC have active chapters throughout NZ and we have a very good Northland chapter you would like. Check out www.tomcc.co.nz for contact details etc of Area Coordinators. I actually do the website and I am also the National President of TOMCC so I need to chase up our Cordinators as most chapters have not yet sent me their 2009 events. I will get onto them at the next AGM which is held at the National Rally in February hosted by our Wellington Chapter. The first subscription fee is $35 for the Year and then $25 each Year after. We have very good events and for members travelling outside of their regions we have very good breakdown support and also members willing to offer lodgings to members during their trip away. Most Chapters also get very good discounts buying the Triumph supplies from local dealers. here in Christchurch Street and Sport offer 10% discounts to TOMCC members.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Corky, will chat at a later date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts