Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed pretty hard today, and the R&Gs did an excellent job. I got away with a little fairing rash, a bent brake pedal, a trashed helmet, and a sore butt. I'll definitely be getting another set, didn't even touch the bar end, and the tab on the fairing is still in tact. The bolt on the front right fairing slider is bent almost 90 degrees, but the brackets are untouched. I'm pretty sure any other sliders would have saved some of the bike but not to the extent that the R&Gs did.

Sorry for the crappy cell pictures.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Sorry to hear about your off. Good job with the frame sliders. :)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
SB - also sorry to hear of your off. Glad you are ok - I am sure the sore butt bit will recover soon enough!

But as others have said, far better to be replacing some frame sliders than major panels.

Looks like they did a brilliant example of what they were meant to.

Maybe I should consider some myself??

·
Registered
62 Posts
ouch

I hope your OK man, look like a fair amount of slide time there. Heal up fast.

Would you mind describing the event a little? Was it a high-side or low-side, how fast were you going?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope your OK man, look like a fair amount of slide time there. Heal up fast.

Would you mind describing the event a little? Was it a high-side or low-side, how fast were you going?
We were on Mines road in Livermore, California - there were about 15 of us. I hit some gravel in a right-hand turn, front wheel went away and I low-sided. I figure I was going 40 or 50, but I'm not really sure. A guy a couple bikes in front of me hit it and slid his back wheel a bit, but unfortunately I didn't see it so I didn't have any warning. The road is made of light-colored asphalt and the gravel is the same color so it was pretty invisible. I'm feeling better today that I thought I would, sore but nothing broken :)

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Glad you and the bike faired so well. I've had R&G's for 3 yrs and haven't had the occasion to test them. Even the swoosh remained intact. Thanks for the road test data.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts