Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1967 triumph bonneville- frame number SJ6150PA. Motor number matches the frame.These are original, not fakes. I can`t find anything that list`s those letters/numbers.Everything I read says DU44---to Du66---.Is it possible it`s a UK bike? It`s appears to be mostly original except for the tank and possibly the rear fender.
Anybody have any ideas? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
625 Posts
In the post 69 numbering system, there is no 'S' ... and I have no idea what the 'PA' at the end is ... This is a false serial number ...

if you have a title with a matching number, I'd forget about it ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
numbers

Also stamped on the motor above the serial # is T120R.There is no signs of doctoring or grinding of the areas.Why the comment about if the title #`s match to forget about it? I find it hard to believe that the frame / engine and title have all been stamped to someones liking.I found a casting number on the frame backbone that is 4 digits with the last 2 numbers being 67.

·
Super Moderator
13,263 Posts
Trumph serial numbers never included the year in corresponding digits.

I think t100rc means that if the numbers on the bike match the numbers on teh title, forget about any future problems. He's probably right.

http://www.tioc.org/serial_numbers.htm confirms that the letter "S" was never used in the post-69 numbering scheme.

Good, detailed pix will help narrow down the year model, but it's probably a re-stamped "bitsa" made from 2 or more different bikes, and since parts can be mixed from '53 to '83, anything goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts