Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate some help in identifying this motor. It appears to be an early Triumph lower. However, I have zero knowledge of triumphs, whatsoever, so it could easily be a 2010 Suzuki for all I know.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I think it s 250 Triumph.

·
Registered
329 Posts
it most certainly is a 250 triumph.in the UK they were around in very late 60s and early 70s,they had an upswept exhaust and I thought they were real cool,bit like a BSA starfire

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
checkout the times on last two posts,No I didnt copy,tho it looks like it

·
Registered
329 Posts
probably not worth a lot.you could try listing it on ebay.over here in UK you could put it in an autojumble,some would buy it for the cases

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you reckon would be a fair price for it, were I to post it on ebay?

Alternatively, what do you reckon the gross cost would be, of actually building an old Triumph bobber?

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help, btw.

I doubt it is worth starting a build for, and I doubt any price it could fetch would be worth the S&H. If anything, I'd most likely scrap it for the metals. As a motorcycle fanatic though, I'm really dying of curiosity, to find out what exactly it is.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
It`s out of a 199cc Tiger Cub, not a 250. The Trophy 250 and Starfire had an upright cylinder, the Tiger Cub was angled forwards, just like your casings. Pic below...

·
Super Moderator
21,255 Posts
It`s out of a 199cc Tiger Cub, not a 250. ..
Sorry Rob, definitely a Trophy 250 engine :p

The Trophy is TR25W - the Trailblazer is T25T I believe

Front engine mount is the most recognizable feature - completely different between the Triumph 200 and 250 (BSA) engines

- and I would say that cylinder flange on the engine in question, definitely horizontal (vertical cylinder)

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Sorry Rob, definitely a Trophy 250 engine :p

The Trophy is TR25W - the Trailblazer T25T I believe

Front engine mount is the most recognizable feature - completely different between the Triumph 200 and 250 (BSA) engines
Yes, Ken and Frank, you are right! :)

I think it was the angle of the photo that convinced me it had a forward canted cylinder. Many moons ago, when I had my T140, I had a girlfriend who owned a Tiger Cub and a BSA 250 and I remember the difference in the motors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Appreciate the help, y'all. I prefer much different bikes, obviously, but it is always nice to see people who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the machines their respective tastes have led them to.

I will definitely be back here, if I have any future questions about the British stuff. Till then, see y'all on the road.

·
Premium Member
20,739 Posts
Appreciate the help, y'all. I prefer much different bikes, obviously, but it is always nice to see people who are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the machines their respective tastes have led them to.

I will definitely be back here, if I have any future questions about the British stuff. Till then, see y'all on the road.
Yeah. If you find any more obsolete bits of decaying British junk don't hesitate to drag them in here for appraisal...:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts