Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts
Ordered several items as holiday gifts, delivery via USPS, free shipping by suppliers. Tracking has not been updated, and in some cases a week past delivery date with no update on anticipated arrival. Still hoping. At least I know they are somewhere in "the system". According to tracking they seems to remain at a single location for many days. Guess I will have to remain patient.
That's what happened to a couple that I sent. They seemed to stall at a USPS location for close to a week then all of a sudden tracking showed they were moving. Since tracking shows the package at a location it's not lost.

I waited 28 days for a few small items. Most of that time my stuff sat at the distribution center. That place is 15 miles from me, but you cant pick it up there.
At 3 weeks wait time, I went to the post office to find out what's going on. I was given every excuse also. To which I responded with BS.
I told them all the other junk mail is coming in and its processed thru the same place.

Then I told her I would be over next week, cause itll be a month then. Either you will get my stuff to me or you will issue a refund check for my stuff you lost, or are refusing to deliver. Either/or, I dont care but I'll be leaving with 1 of them.
My stuff magically showed up 3 days later.
No tracking that it had moved, just showed up.

There needs to be a revamp done of the system. Heres my thoughts on it. You dont pay the shipping charges when you buy your stuff anymore. Why should we anyway, plus most of the time the place you bought from makes money on the ship charges.
When you receive your stuff, you can pay the ship charges. That would keep the incentive there for the carrier.
As it is now, there not to concerned. They already have your money and you have to fight to get it back.

USPS suffers from a really bad combination of overloaded staff couple with gross incompetence on the part of some employees who just don't care. For example on two occasions in the last month we've received mail addressed to someone not even in our state. We write on the envelope the suggested "I. A." which in USPS talk means incorrect address and then put the item back in the mailbox with the flag up. Two days later the item is back! So we write in plain English that the item has been delivered to the wrong address in the wrong state. Item comes back. Turns out what you MUST DO is to take a black marker and cover up all of the printing and bar codes that the Post Office prints on the front of the envelope or the thing will just go back around through the system because nobody anywhere along the line actually looks at the thing they're delivering. I view it as hopeless!

We have rural mail delivery. USPS delivers by truck to our mail box out on a post by the road. USPS had BECOME a clown show the last year or so. You see them in thier little red/white/blue "clown cars" whizzing back and forth on our road. Sometimes 4-5 times a day. Sometimes within minutes of the last time you saw them. Sometimes making u-turns, O-turns even ! At least they don't just throw it over the fence [70 feet from the house!] like FEDEX has done NUMEROUS TIMES, even with my 20' wide gate fully open !!! :(. In my opinion UPS is THE BEST :) !! Never had a.problem with those guys...J.D.

If you are wondering why the USPS has become a "clown show" over the last year, just look to who is in charge of the Post Office and what steps he has taken.

From his wiki page

"Upon assuming office in June 2020, he instituted a number of cost-cutting measures such as banning overtime, forbidding late or extra trips to deliver mail, removing and dismantling hundreds of high-speed mail sorting machines, and removing some mail collection boxes from streets. The changes caused significant delays of mail delivery, resulting in investigations by Congressional committees and the USPS Inspector General..."

"...Under his tenure as Postmaster General, USPS has increased its business with XPO {a company he used to run as CEO}. Additionally, when DeJoy sold his Amazon shares, he purchased stock options in the company that represent between 20 and 100% of his prior holdings, and, under him, USPS prioritizes Amazon packages."

It's not the workers, it's corrupt and incompetent leadership.

It's a government run institution. You can't complain about something without recognizing the source of the problem.

It didn't just magically get bad this year, and I take issue with complaining about the workers, when it is not their fault.

Yeah, god forbid they should have to work at work for their fat paychecks.
I am sure whatever job you worked, you were always happy to do more work for less pay. I am sure you just signed right on for that.

Postal Workers work harder than most people and they don't collect "fat" paychecks. They work long hours, six days a week to bring a bunch of spoiled brats their mail, while they bitch and moan about it.

Take away their overtime, take away the sorting machines, and expect the same amount of mail to be processed. Then get upset with them when they make mistakes, not the people who made those decisions. Right. Got it.
That is just BS.....
Seen what a postal worker gets for a pension? People get paid well, including myself to do a job and do it right. In my line of work, if I would have let the pressure of long hours or layoffs and more work getting piled on get to me. people would have died in airline crashes and disasters. I got paid well to do the job and do it right. There was zero allowance for anything less - Yet, my pension is squat compared to the USPS workers pension.
So yes, I get upset when the mail man can't read the address and put it in the right box. So yes, when I send a very well packed item in the mail and the K&N filter shows up to the recipient destroyed and hard to believe it could be that turned into a taco.
So I guess we have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Far be it from me to beat up on the working man. Did blue collar work myself for 50+ years. But you STILL have to "git ur done". Bad boss. Bad company. Whatever. If you take the paycheck you get the job done. If you take the paycheck you are not a hero either.. Nobody says you cannot find something else you like better. ...J.D.

Far be it from me to beat up on the working man. Did blue collar work myself for 50+ years. But you STILL have to "git ur done". Bad boss. Bad company. Whatever. If you take the paycheck you get the job done. If you take the paycheck you are not a hero either.. Nobody says you cannot find something else you like better. ...J.D.
Not in the circumstances we find ourselves in today.

Well in todays mail we got three Christmas Cards all were postmarked 12/13 or 14 in Buffalo NY area we are in Chicago area. The wife mailed the Son and his family presents on the 8th or 9th to Buffalo area Stuff got there on Christmas Eve.

Earlier in the year we had a house payment and a Dentist Bill returned as no such address. I have been going to this Dentist office for 52 years and the house payment was in a supplied envelope as we uses every month. One word covers this-- incompetence.

UPS? Company where I work about a year ago threw them out. No matter how well it was packed they figured out a way to break the item.

Fed Ex? That's who they replaced UPS with at least the breakage is down. Problem is slow delivery's. I lives 4 miles from the warehouse. One day in the Spring they shipped me something since I have been working from home since last March. Took five days to go four miles

K 😷

Well in todays mail we got three Christmas Cards all were postmarked 12/13 or 14 in Buffalo NY area we are in Chicago area. The wife mailed the Son and his family presents on the 8th or 9th to Buffalo area Stuff got there on Christmas Eve.

Earlier in the year we had a house payment and a Dentist Bill returned as no such address. I have been going to this Dentist office for 52 years and the house payment was in a supplied envelope as we uses every month. One word covers this-- incompetence.

UPS? Company where I work about a year ago threw them out. No matter how well it was packed they figured out a way to break the item.

Fed Ex? That's who they replaced UPS with at least the breakage is down. Problem is slow delivery's. I lives 4 miles from the warehouse. One day in the Spring they shipped me something since I have been working from home since last March. Took five days to go four miles

K 😷
I worked for an audiophile loudspeaker company. We worked with the UPS packaging assistance group to design packaging for a new loudspeaker we were bringing to market.

The design was worked out with UPS assistance and approval. We began to ship the new product in UPS approved packaging and in the first 50 packages shipped we experienced a 50% damage rate. We filed damage claims with UPS which were summarily denied due to "improper packaging" although every package carried the design specs and UPS approval on the bottom. It was really entertaining watching UPS do the backstroke and rope-a-dope when I told them to reinspect the spec label on the package bottom and note the UPS design approval. We continued to experience above average incidence of damage, but less than the initial frequency, and collected on EVERY claim.

UPS can break an anvil with a rubber hammer. FedEx Express is somewhat reliable while FedEx Ground is staffed by contractors who should never be entrusted with anything that belongs to anyone else and trying to file a damage claim with FedEx Ground is an exercise in futility.

All in all I've had more success and packages delivered on time and undamaged shipping by USPS Priority Mail.
It's not that the postal service is good it's that UPS and FedEx are so bad.

I am sure whatever job you worked, you were always happy to do more work for less pay. I am sure you just signed right on for that.

Postal Workers work harder than most people and they don't collect "fat" paychecks. They work long hours, six days a week to bring a bunch of spoiled brats their mail, while they bitch and moan about it.

Your correct, I didnt sign on to do more for less and I wasnt to happy about it either.
It was required or you didnt advance. I wasnt paid to train, if you couldnt do the next level, you stayed where you were at.
These days the young people expect a higher salary for knowing nothing and not having any tools either.
Now USPS workers basically do the same job, no knowledge needed, no tools needed. Get paid a lot more than most, with a fat pension.
I worked with several retired postal workers, they were part time help. They had no worries in retirement cause of that retirement.

<politics removed>

21 - 40 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.