Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally building my bonneville engine. 1966 650, im installing a bigbore kit and t140 cams. I was sent a ball bearing for the primary side when it had a roller in it. I was hoping to get the bottom end together this weekend but i cant find this bearing anywhere in phoenix. So my question for the experts is, would i be better off waiting and ordering in the correct bearing or just run the ball? thanks, adam

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wait until you get the correct roller bearing ( for the drive side) you may have been sent a timing side bearing by mistake. I assume whilst you are there you are changing both bearings, big end shells and con rod bolts. as well as cleaning/changing the sludge trap ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, changing all trans and engine brgs, seals, gaskets, cams and bushings, new sludge trap, oil pump, the whole works, thats why i was hesitant. Got alot of money in this motor, id be a pissed off motherf'er if that one brg failed and took my motor with it. guess i just answered my own question too, huh? thnks, adam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Use your bonne cam on the exhaust side its stronger than the T140 cam, triumph used a strong cam on the intake and a really mild one on the exhaust side. gearhead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts