Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife brought me dinner one night while I was at work since I work 24 hour shifts. She was out of the house for mabey an hour at most and I recieved a horrible phone call from her. My beloved Daytona 1200 fell over in our car port while she was gone. What boggles my mine is the fact that the bike fell on the right side. I thought the kickstand broke off but no, in fact the kickstand was still down pointing up in the air when I came home. Since this occured in a military base I called the SP's before uprighting the bike. I took a few pictures too which I'll post tomarrow. If my Triumph was parked 2 inches closer to my wife's Ninja, it would have easily taken it out.
Anything like this happen to any fellow riders? Tomarrow when I get home I'm going to check and see if any fuel leaked into the cranked case and see if there's anymore damage. What also amazes me is that yesterday I took a sportbike course which taught really really basic racing principals, yeah I thought I would have low sided out at the track but no, my bike mysteriously falls over. Note it wasn't windy either.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Mine fell over but then again, I was err, drunk at the time.

I feel your pain, hopefully all is well with your scoot.

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I pissed anyone off, I mean I'm cool with the neighbors too, I don't ride early in the morning (too cold) and I don't rev the motor. It might have been some kids messing around but to make that bike topple over takes a substantial amount of force. My wife can't even upright it from the kickstand. Needless to say I put it on my rear stand so it shouldn't go anywhere. Time to order some racing yellow touch up paint.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha, I wish, then I'd have an explaination. I think my wife's bike would have went over too but who knows. I just don't know, I'm going to go with an act of God, I don't he likes me much. Mabey it's because I'm not one of them chuch going folk.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
My wife once decided to clean the car, a Mercedes 420 sel, she for some female reason thought that parking under a 'Sappy' Maple tree was a good idea, shade(Florida)! - so apart from the Sap, there would accumulate bird droppings from the overnighters roosting in the tree - the mess you can imagine. So out comes the Scotch pad and the steel wool pot scourer - a Brillo pad.... the car gets cleaned alright!:eek: I mean what can you do!? Another time a good friends wife gets in her car and reverses into my bike, knocking it over, looked sad just like yours, side stand in the air - scratched some body work and a bar end... not too bad! I mean is this misandry?:) Sorry for your ails, there mate, I do sympathise! Try this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj46fZ3MqKc
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts