Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas. I posted a couple weeks ago about my air box removal and, was very happy with the outcome. HOWEVER....today I installed the BC SLEEPERS. And what a difference, you can't believe!

I was running the TOR's and there WAS a noticeable difference that I posted about. BUT NOW with the SLEEPERS added, it is truly a MUCH more powerful bike.

From removing the air box with TOR's installed to no air box & the SLEEPERS, well....the change is INCREDIBLE, is all that I can say.

Someone responded to my post a couple weeks ago after the AB removal that they understood that without the upgrade in cans, it was not worth it.

I'm ashamed to say that I would have to agree with 'em now. After the SLEEPER install. INCREDIBLE margin of increase in power from what I had two weeks ago to now.

If anyone is considering the upgrade, go for the whole package right off the bat!

PLus, they sound ssssssssoooooooooo heavy & throaty. WAAAay better than the utube videos.

I couldn't get off the bike! Only thing that sent me home was being that I am in a rural area of Ca. was herds of the large antlered rats crossing the road at dusk.:eek:

So, I figured I should park it and go home.:D

Honestly though, you would not believe the difference from what I was running with the AB removal & how it is now with the TOTAL free flowing cans.:D

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
poor guy hes headed to the dark side lol.wont be long now hes lost .now if he only could try some D&D 2INTO1 pipes he would be totaly lost.He would be doing bb kit cams ,carbs ,head work . A very bad sickness it is lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i went through about the same process; TORS, gutted the airbox, then D&D 2 into 2's. The difference from stock is just silly. It's amazing how quick the rev limiter comes in now. The 2 into 2's have a strange sound to them, they almost have a 2 strokish burble to them at low rpms and while engine breaking but once you open up the the throttle they scream

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
I'm seriously considering the sleepers, but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding if I want predators instead.

I have not heard the sleepers in person, only seen videos.

So my question would come down to loudness. Of the 2, I would prefer to go with the louder one. If they are pretty much equal, I would probably go withe the sleepers

anyone ever compare the two in person?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Amen to that

I did the NARK and D&D package about 3 weeks ago and had the same experience... It's awesome...

Now Im thinking of new carb, heavy duty clutch, Pazzo lever...

man this is really a disease!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm doing the AB removal monday, already have D&D slip ons, and now I CANNOT wait to ride. The left side airbox to carb rubber has disintegrated to the point that I can't ride her right now, so I'll just sit back and dream about it for awhile.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm doing the AB removal monday, already have D&D slip ons, and now I CANNOT wait to ride. The left side airbox to carb rubber has disintegrated to the point that I can't ride her right now, so I'll just sit back and dream about it for awhile.
:D When you get it done-hold onto your hat!:D

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'm seriously considering the sleepers, but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding if I want predators instead.

I have not heard the sleepers in person, only seen videos.

So my question would come down to loudness. Of the 2, I would prefer to go with the louder one. If they are pretty much equal, I would probably go withe the sleepers

anyone ever compare the two in person?
I have heard the preds and they are NICE as well. As for loudness, I have not ridden on a bike with preds but I can tell you that the first thing that I noticed after the SLEEPER install when I rode away, was how loud they are when your on the bike.

I was actually thinking; will I need to wear earplugs now when I ride?

After a couple hours though, I got used to it and LOVE IT!

Also, as I said in my first post, the vids do not do justice for the sound at ALL! Much heavier tonal quality and- mellowness?

Ha! I been going out to the garage just to fire it up and listen to it!:D How's that for hooked?

I went with the SLEEPERS because they look very much like the old 1969 Bonnie cans. AND they are a bit shorter and I liked that look as well.

I believe PROPFORWARD has PREDS on his Bonnie. Maybe he knows which is louder.

Whichever you decide on- YOU'LL LOVE THE EFFECT!:D

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Congrats,
I am always amazed at how dang cool this little twin sounds when opened up to breath. Nothing sounds like it.

Big Jap Twins don't sound near as cool as these Brits with nice cans on them. I love the sound of mine and love how she rolls without that dang airbox.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did the NARK and D&D package about 3 weeks ago and had the same experience... It's awesome...

Now Im thinking of new carb, heavy duty clutch, Pazzo lever...

man this is really a disease!!
C&R carbs...yeah or the FCR 39's..hmmmm, what exactly would that add to the package?

A lil' MORE HP?

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats,
I am always amazed at how dang cool this little twin sounds when opened up to breath. Nothing sounds like it.

Big Jap Twins don't sound near as cool as these Brits with nice cans on them. I love the sound of mine and love how she rolls without that dang airbox.
Thanks!

Exactly! And niether do Harleys! Bonnies have a distinct sound of their own, which I fell in love with as a kid.:D

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
C&R carbs...yeah or the FCR 39's..hmmmm, what exactly would that add to the package?

A lil' MORE HP?
39s will add about as much as you just gained with the pipes or more.The only thing about getting more pwer then you have now is the more you get the more next hp will cost you.They start feeling good over 70 hp over 80 hp they start getting scarey and you have to respect them.People with high hp sport bikes wont beleave how hard these things get to hold on to because they make alot of power at 5000 rpm where the high hp sport bikes dont make theres till 9000 rpm up.If a guy that had only been on our bikes stock jumped on carlos 1087 and just wacked it open he would hurt his self real fast.
You picked up maybe 7to 10 hp just think what picking up 40to 50+ would feel like.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
39s will add about as much as you just gained with the pipes or more.The only thing about getting more pwer then you have now is the more you get the more next hp will cost you.They start feeling good over 70 hp over 80 hp they start getting scarey and you have to respect them.People with high hp sport bikes wont beleave how hard these things get to hold on to because they make alot of power at 5000 rpm where the high hp sport bikes dont make theres till 9000 rpm up.If a guy that had only been on our bikes stock jumped on carlos 1087 and just wacked it open he would hurt his self real fast.
You picked up maybe 7to 10 hp just think what picking up 40to 50+ would feel like.
Mike-thanks. Maybe I'll just ride her for awhile and see if I have enough....maybe I do with this style of moto.

So if I gained 10 RWHP with the mods that I have done, what do you think that it's now up to? 65 or so?

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
upper 50s lower 60s might go 65.That at the rear wheel.most stock bikes make around 50 at the rear wheel +or-a few hp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts