Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 America. I purchaced the bike new in August of last year. Within a week or so of purchacing the bike I noticed bluing on the right exhaust at the first bend out of the engine. The left exhaust started to show a slight brown color but nothing like the right exhaust. The amount of discoloration has stabilized on both sides but the difference in color is very noticable between the two sides. The right side is cobalt blue and the left has very little blue and is mostly brownish. The bike has right at 5000 miles on it and is running great. However, last week I noticed a very faint "tick" when I would let off the gas to decelerate. Since then The "tick" has become progressively more loud. Many times there are two ticks and sometimes there are also "ticks" when the clutch is released fully after down shift. Any experience and/or knowledge on this you are willing to share is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome A700Pilot, however this forum is for the old Triumphs built before 1983. You may have better luck in one of the Hinkley forums such as Twins Talk.
Your discoloration suggests that the one side is definitely running a bit too lean and hence too hot. The "tick" could be as simple as the metal cooling and shrinking relative to another part of the exhaust system.
I d be bringing her in under your warranty program.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts