Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if an undertray is sold for the Sprint ST 1050? The stock muffler (kind of) serves that purpose but with aftermarket exhausts such as the Wolf Trident, there's a lot of "hardware" down under. It's an area that's hard to keep clean and the aerodynamics and looks are a bit lumpy. Or maybe somebody has fabricated one? Looking for ideas.

I'd like this...

To look more like this... (photo credit to Hotbodiesracing.com)

?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just think about what you're asking for a few minutes... to enclose a hot exhaust with some cheap plastic? Take up more space, so it might clash with rear wheel?

There is a reason (well many, actually) that bikes with underseat exhausts don't have undertrays.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It looks like you have a intact hugger, so maybe a longer hugger instead, if there is one out there?

Dan's right, you're going to cook that area if it doesn't get good air flow. You could fab an aluminum shield maybe but coming up with a way to have air pass through there but keep road muck out is going to be tricky business.

My solution? Do what I did, buy a Gen1! :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, good point, it would have to be metal for sure or possibly heat-resistant CF like what Wolf uses in his Tridents.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
My guess is that you need airflow over the exhaust. Otherwise trapping heat could cause damage or at the very least warm your seat (the heat has to go somewhere).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts